Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I posted all my stuff up for sale due to the fact that I had a bad incident in the Honda community that soured me.
A couple of you told me to wait a bit, but I'm a hotheaded guy and rarely under duress do I make the right choices.
I had some friends frm the Honda community stop by last night and make me realise that I can't leave. My wife had a very large part in the discussion too.
I had a buddy come by to buy the car, and when I told my wife I was selling it, she said "NO WAY, I LOVE THAT CAR, YOU'RE NOT SELLING MY CRX!!"

Her crx? I don't get it, she hates my Honda addiction, parts everywhere, money going out like water. Anyway, needless to say, the car is staying as per the wifes orders. This morning, after sleeping on it, she's right.

Sorry to everyone for acting so childish, I can't promise it won't happen again, but I'll do my best to act my age. :oops:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No I didn't end up with the car, but it's cool. I was just soooo pisssed yesterday as I have been looking for an immaculate SE since, well, since 1991. I finally had the money, the car came up, we made a deal, and then he sold the car to another guy, I believe it was sold to member Cold to Touch, but I'm not sure. Anyway, it's all good now. I'll keep my SE and be happy with it.

I have to thank my wife for calming me down and not letting me sell the car.

·
Registered
711 Posts
i thought that was the issue... Darren he told me about "forgetting to call you back" THE NEXT DAY, after we had driven out 2 hours to hamilton to make the deal. I put down a $400 dollar deposit to stake claim (his words, first one with cash)... the next day i find out he "owes his boss a favour" and "robb is offering $1000 more"... and so my deposit went from a deposit to "refundable"... i offered to match Robb, and then Robb upped it another 1k to 9k...

but

the story is we have to wait till saturday or sunday until his boss "decides if he wants it or not"...

don't hold anything against me dude, it wasn't done out of spite, trust me, i feel worse than you do about wasting my time to go and put a deposit down on the car only to lose it... and to sweeten the deal, this is the 3rd time i've lost a quality SE in the last month...

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I told you to relax man, see how much better it turned out. And you're a hundred bucks richer without that sway bar!

By the way if you ever try to part out an SE again, I'm driving to Ontario with a bat.

·
Registered
779 Posts
jfrolang said:
coldtotouch said:
"robb is offering $1000 more"... and so my deposit went from a deposit to "refundable"... i offered to match Robb, and then Robb upped it another 1k to 9k...
It's like Robb is on a mission to own every super-clean CRX left in North America... :eek:
And be a huge dick about it too! I don't like his attitude with his 'omg it's original paint!' thing. Who cares, he can't even put directional tires on the right way! (I can get pictures to back it up too haha).

Sorry that was my rant. I was that rex and said, I want, then I looked into my bank account and it said 'Good luck!'.

9000$ for a 16 year old car tho, would never pay that much. I'm gonna get one from the states soon enough, from Alabama, rust free, just a 90-91 Si, good enough for me!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
downest said:
I told you to relax man, see how much better it turned out. And you're a hundred bucks richer without that sway bar!

By the way if you ever try to part out an SE again, I'm driving to Ontario with a bat.
hehe, point taken dood.

Turned out great downest, I need to learn to relax with this stuff, I'm just so damn passionate about this hobby, and I put so much into it.

No hard feelings Mark, it's the seller I'm pissed at. That guy is a two-faced asshole.

Robb, well I think we need to beat Robb with an old set of Enkei rims. I'm sick of him and his money. 8)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, Rob is an interesting guy. He's nice enough, just a bit on the blunt side.
I don't blame Rob for wanting the car.
It's not the people wanting to buy it that are the problem here, it's the worthless POS of a seller.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
baker423 said:
Whoa, i am confused...

So Masta and Coldtotouch both had the car sold out from under them and it is going to be bought by Robb??

If that is the gist of what happend, all in all that is a crappy thing to have happen.

Some serious member drama.
Yeah, that's what happened exactly. I had a deal on the phone, then Cold to Touch actually drove to him to give a deposit(not an option I was given or I would have the second I got off the phone) Then Robb got involved and outbid coldtotouch.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I had specifically asked him if he was accepting a deposit... and he told me he was, first one with cash! and further more he guarenteed me it was in my name "Even if someone offers me 15k man, its sold to you"

anyway... life...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.