Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the Alpine SPS-17C2 2-Ways or the Infinity 6112i's.

I like the specs of the Alpine better and talking to the Crutchfield rep they suggest the Alpines, but I have not jeard them anywhere.

Who carries the Alpines?

I have an older Alpine HU and Cd changer with 25x4 power.

I do not want amps and stuff, just better sound than those stock speakers!

TIA

Bob

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
i bought alpine speakers at my local best buy, though I don't know if they carry that model. if they do, you could just order from their website, no need to have a store nearby.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Charlie said:
you're probably gonna get screwed on prices if you dont buy online... try it out in the store then go to www.cbrstereo.com and buy them :lol:
Definitely.....I bought a pair of el cheapo 5 1/4" Pioneer speakers at Wally World for my front doors. Later on I discovered I could've bought a much, much nicer pair online for what I paid. The mark up at local places is incredible......

·
Registered
122 Posts
The front speakers have to be slim to fit though, so infinity's might be out of the questions due to their larger magnets than brands such as alpine, polk, pioneer. Personally i went with a 90 dollar set of polks and have no complaints whatsoever. The highs are great and they produce suprising bass for their size. I have them amped right now but i didnt always, and before i amped them they still were a good upgrade from alpines i had in there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
yeah, if you space it out from the door the covers wont fit back on. Plus the speaker wont be sealed in the door = not as good sound quality. Why put money out for 150 speakers up front, then space them out and have them sound like 60 dollar speakers???

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
hcrx333 said:
yeah, if you space it out from the door the covers wont fit back on. Plus the speaker wont be sealed in the door = not as good sound quality. Why put money out for 150 speakers up front, then space them out and have them sound like 60 dollar speakers???
"sealed" in the door ??? It's not like you are using a foam baffle around the rear of the speaker, that would increase sound quality a little bit, but would get in the way of the window glass again. I don't think this is an issue because it is some speakers in a crx, not a home theater or something fancy like that.

when I put my bigger than stock 6.5" alpines in the doors I used the brackets that came with them, and not the basket that was OEM sized. I had to modify the bracket (drilled one hole in it) but did not have to touch the door itself one bit. they sound great. just my opinion of course.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Im sure they sound great, i meant to say that the highs will not be affected at all, but if they are spaced out and the speakers are amped and pulling some power the bass will not hit as hard or sound as loud. Try holding your speaker completely out of the hole in the door or even halfway out of it, then put it back in, you will hear the difference.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
hcrx333 said:
Im sure they sound great, i meant to say that the highs will not be affected at all, but if they are spaced out and the speakers are amped and pulling some power the bass will not hit as hard or sound as loud. Try holding your speaker completely out of the hole in the door or even halfway out of it, then put it back in, you will hear the difference.
I agree with the all the way out and back in deal, but my speaker is chillin' like a couple millimeters out of the door, so it can't be that much of a loss in the bass dept.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.