Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a white 1990 CRX Si. w/ 220xxx miles. it has some rust issues. but it looks to be fixable. it doesn't have a cat. converter and in that spot it has an exhaust leak. check this out the coolant in the radiator has oil in it. but the oil in the engine doesn't seem to have anti-freeze in it!?! maybe someone poured oil in the radiator!! i don't know. i brought my compresseion tester w/ me. but i didn't have my toolbox in the trunk of my focus :x . so i couldn't test the compression. the sunroof doesn't work.

and guess how much i paid for it?
................................................$50.00 8)

i can't upload any pics onto my computer. or i would post some pics.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Jeez! What a deal. Sounds like some of it is just a lil work and its done. Im very jelous for what you got at that price!

Good luck! Post some pictures when you can.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
cant beat it for $50.
even though there is no coolant in the oil you still probably have a blown head gasket. ive seen oil in coolant but not the other way and the head gasket was gone, but for $50 its all goo :)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
good find. . .. even for that price. . . . if you get 1 good part off of it you sis well.. . . mabye someone just changed the oil and it is still free of anti freeze. .

Chris

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh i forgot to mention that it has the crx armrest aswell. :D but the top part of it is missing :( also the alt. belt had snapp'd on them while they tried to start it up a month ago. so either the belt was really bad. or the alt. is froze up. which is no big deal. i have a spare d-series alt. laying around and a spare radiator. just in case i can't get all that oil out of there.

i go and tow it to the shop i work at on sunday. so i can work on it after hours on monday or tuesday.

·
Registered
119 Posts
well..if the engine is blown..or even not...you can say it is and have a perfect excuse to do a B or K swap.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Sounds like an awesome project car. You can't go wrong with a $50.00 CRX ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, i got the crx to the shop. i didn't have any time to work on her. :cry:

and one more thing. it has the factory Honda sunroof deflector. i've been wanting one of those ever since i've owned my 1st crx like 6-7 yrs ago. and it is in excellent shape. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts