Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://local.live.com/

Near the top left, click aerial and you can zoom in on pretty much anywhere in the world with satellite pics.

I use this for stalking my X's *ahem I mean finding new hunting spots.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
"Live" huh? I zoomed in on the bird's eye view of the parking deck here at work. Pretty incredible detail. But it's not live of course:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
My secure job site doesn't show on the aerial views. They've pasted a field in where my job site is. LOL How's that for security?

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I wish I could zoom in more on my apt... I can only get to 20 yrds... theres a black car out front, but I can't tell if its my rex backed in. I don't think it is my rex because the trees are leaveless and Kodak didn't start tearing buildings down yet... the building behind my house started to come down in August

·
Registered
734 Posts
My old Y49 CRX shows up on Google Earth. I looked at all my former/current places of residence, employment, etc. and found it at the architecture firm where I did my internship. I can verify that it was taken during the 8 months that I interned there by looking at the construction going on in the area, and the only yellow vehicle that was ever in the parking lot other than mine was an SUV, and you can clearly see the back window of a CRX (which is so horizontal that it looks pretty large from above), so it's definitely mine. I was pretty excited, almost posted a screen shot here when I found it :)

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
everything around here is still in black and white very fuzzy. I searched for groom lake for the hell of it and its on there :lol: runways and all, cant zoom to close though.

·
Registered
272 Posts
The aerial photos look pretty much like the same imagery that Google Earth has. But if the Birds Eye View is available in your area, check that out - in my neighborhood it had more recent imagery and at higher resolution. Still probably from a couple months ago, but more recent than the aerial.

Thanks for the link, Heu!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
The pic is incredibly old. my neighbor built a house on the other side of my garage about 5 years ago and it's not in the pic. But a very old pic of my house is.

·
Registered
319 Posts
stickershop said:
My secure job site doesn't show on the aerial views. They've pasted a field in where my job site is. LOL How's that for security?
Isn't it Area 51? :p

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I checked out my area and most of the images were about 1.5-2 years old. Not too bad I guess. I moved around a lot and started going south in the county I live in, the program was giving me nothing but big black areas when I zoomed in. Land / roads / etc would show up zoomed out, but the closer I zoomed in, the worse it would get. Hopefully they'll fix the bugs. Pretty cool nonetheless. 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts