Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to vent a little, this is really getting me mad...

I've mentioned before that there's a group of punkass street kids on my block, mixed up with a couple of early 20s-looking dropout deadbeats that Mark would probably love to toss in the back of his car. Anyway... yeah I'm a little angry...

So in the past cars have been vandalised, mine somehow so far excluded, pot has been smoked on my back step (not by me), and my door/wall of my building has been tagged. Friday night my sister and my roommate/brother-in-law-to-be/friend were watching a movie, and one of them threw a bottle at the window. It bounced off the screen and knocked the fan out inside, and there was broken glass all over the step. I was out, for some reason they didn't call the police. Last night same thing, but with a rock, and I was home. I called the cops, but they really can't do anything. It's not like the kids are hanging around after they throw the rock, nevermind when they see a Troy PD car roll up the street.

Now that it's nice out, they're on the street all day, most of them when they get out of school at 2 or 3 and the rest when they wake up around noon. They harrass people walking down the street, and they harrass cars that drive by. I NEVER see a cop around here unless someone calls them, usually for a domestic dispute about once every week or two.

I don't really know what to do. I feel like we can't really do anything about it but keep calling the police, and they are kind of powerless to do anything. It's really really getting on my nerves, I can't wait to get back to NH.

thanks for the vent

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Have you thought about putting up a camera? Nothing real obvious, of course. I've been playing with cameras tied to my mac with motion detection software that saves jpgs when the image changes. Works pretty well. x10.com has some fair quality rigs that are wireless and can trigger a vcr, a friend of mine used that setup to catch someone stealing some tools from his shed. It sounds like these guys aren't that careful, might help collect some evidence.

·
Registered
191 Posts
As has been posted elsewhere before, "Porch, chair, blanket, coffee, shotgun". (I hold zero responsibility).

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
bil said:
Have you thought about putting up a camera? Nothing real obvious, of course. I've been playing with cameras tied to my mac with motion detection software that saves jpgs when the image changes. Works pretty well. x10.com has some fair quality rigs that are wireless and can trigger a vcr, a friend of mine used that setup to catch someone stealing some tools from his shed. It sounds like these guys aren't that careful, might help collect some evidence.
Great idea.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
andrey320 said:
Sling shot from a tactical position on the roof.
:lol: :lol: :lol: i like this idea ,be all stealthy like :lol: do it id do it

i hope this BS gets solved soon bro ,this is the kinda bs that only gets fixed with a ass whoopin :wink: take down the leader ,and theyll all scatter

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Meh, semi auto paint ball gun filled with frozen paint balls....screw the sling hot. If they call the cops, be like, "Now you show up?"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.