Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
There is never too much of this kind of thing being posted. The ugly ruined bodykit eBay cars that everyone loves to hate, maybe...but I'll never complain about seeing a clean all-original car like that. Kinda makes me miss my 87 Si a little :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Thats a rare find. I have never seen a clean first gen like that. Most people who use 1st gens are people who dont care about the carm and just use it to get around. (1st gens on this sit excluded)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Don't apologize, posting a nice, clean, mostly stock first gen. is a nice contrast to the ususal Ebay monstrosities we usually get. Don't get me wrong I occasionally get a good laugh or "WTH were they thinking" moment looking at all the failed widebody conversions, ghetto rigged swaps, painted interiors, countless hideous body kitted, basically destroyed Rexs that show up here on a regular basis. Also somebody may be looking for one......

·
Registered
734 Posts
jfrolang said:
That's a very nice find, too bad it's not an Si.
Agreed, I lucked out on finding my first gen, kind of an impulse buy -- but I wouldn't have gotten it if it wasn't an 87 Si. The 87 Si was the only fuel-injected first gen, and I didn't really know my plans for the car at the time, and that's the only first gen that will easily accept a newer fuel injected engine without a lot of additional work.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Link to 1st gen brochures.

The 87 Si is listed as 1978 lbs. Th 86 Si is 1953 lbs.

I'm still searching for official weight on an 85 Si, but I'm fairly certain it's going to be lighter than an 86.

Edit: I found this. The rest of the information on there appears accurate, so I'm going to trust it. It lists the weight of the 85 CRX Si as 1890 lbs. That makes it the lightest Si, and reinforces its position in my mind as the most desirable 1st gen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.