Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kid I know at school that has a Civic that has a blown tranny he dont want to fix, is parting out his car and it has a B18.

I am willing to trade my Xbox 360, control, game and $200-$300 bux for the B18 engine

Besides the clutch system, what else should be changed on my CRX in order to run a B18?
I will also ask for the ECU and MAF/VAF

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Juans_Mx3 said:
Besides the clutch system, what else should be changed on my CRX in order to run a B18?
I will also ask for the ECU and MAF/VAF
What year civic is it? That makes a huge difference. If it's 88-91, hooray for you as he will have everything you need. If it's 92 or newer, you've got yourself a shopping list.

To start you can read through the B16 How To found here, the install process is mostly the same, and you'll need the same mounts, linkages, etc.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quick question but how much money do you think i will end up spending in the end if its a B18B1, B18C5, etc?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think he said B18B1 of something like that

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I need a quote soon. Watever B18 it is, how much am I looking at?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So what is the very least and most I can end up wasting if its a B18SI or whatever type the other 10,000 B18s there are?

$300-$1200?

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
You should really just figure out what engine it is before insisting on an estimate, but you're going to need at the minimum:

mounts - $300 to $500
shift linkage - $100 to 150 (or modify integra linkages)
cable transmission - $300 to $500 (unless you want to deal with the Hasport hydro conversion mounts that nobody likes)
wiring $0 to $350 (depending on the ECU and engine, and DIY or buying a pre-made harness)

You'll want to replace stuff while the engine is out too, like the clutch, timing belt, water pump, fuel filter, alt belt, etc. unless you trust that this guy has newish parts. You'll also have to take into account who's doing the labor, an exhaust solution, new fluids, you get the picture. Swaps aren't cheap.

·
Registered
114 Posts
if its a b18 a1 or b1 .. its a ls motor. a1 = 130hp b1 = 142 hp.... the other codes are for dohc vtec but your not getting one for 300 bucks so don't worry about it. if you can get it for 300 bucks and you know it runs do it. even if it justs sits in your garage until you can afford all the swap parts its still worth it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.