Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm am officially out of Michigan and cold weather!! WWWEeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!11

Just got down here on Wed. and so far it's pretty sweet. Looking for a welding job right now. I have one contact so far but they are like 80 miles away :? Hopefully they know someplace more local looking for a good tig welder. Cross your fingers or pray for me whichever you choose ;)

Yes Chloe came with me and so did my sister. She has a nice teaching and coaching job at a local highschool now so at least we have a way to pay rent until I get a mint job :p

If I know you holla back at me through pms and you can have my new phone number.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Cool....welcome y'all!

My wife and I moved down here July 2002 from Ohio, so I definitely w/ ya on the no more 6 months of cold weather...wahoo!

What part of NC do you live in?

bryman<----loves it here in NC

·
Registered
237 Posts
Your going to wish you were up north if you get any snow because people in the south cannot drive in the snow. Plus you'll be amazed at how things shut down with one inch of snow.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Your only about 45 minutes/hour from me. Im in Holly Springs, right outside of Raleigh. I love it here.

I just bought a house here and been working on it non stop. Put 250' of fence up, knocked down a wall between the living room and dining room, and painting. Still have to put a roof and siding on and put a picture window in so I can look out into the back yard and into the woods.

Its cheap living down here. Taxes are cheap and car insurance is cheap too. My property taxes are $408 per year :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DAP91Si said:
Your going to wish you were up north if you get any snow because people in the south cannot drive in the snow. Plus you'll be amazed at how things shut down with one inch of snow.
I'm looking forward to that actually. You over estimate how well people from the north drive in snow.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
dude omg im seriously laughin so hard at wut that dude said

thats so true man i get out of school if the grass gets a dusting and stuff. and yes pplz suck driving in the snow here.

·
Registered
731 Posts
David, you'll have a PM from me with my number in case you lost it. Reciprocation of course required tho it's not likely we'll ever hook up again considering we never could when we were only 280 miles apart. But whatever, who knows, I have a very good friend in Asheville and I'm sure I'll be down there again at one point or another.

-Heu

p.s. see ah alweyz new you wuz a heal billay and wood return to wence you came. :wink:

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's not the inch or so of snow you have to worrry about, it's the more common ice storm. Lived in GA and SC (just S. of Charlotte) for about 8 years total- one Friday night we got a nice cover of ice in the Cobb/Bartow county area, but did the local yokels stay home? Nooooooo, there were more cars in ditches that Saturday than you could shake a stick at. Only good thing was that traffic was LOTS better for about 6 weeks, until all the morons got their rides fixed. :rolleyes1:

·
Registered
778 Posts
I4sillypwr said:
I'm in Fayetteville.

No not at Bragg or Pope :lol:
haha fayettenam

I used to live in Fayetteville on Banbury Dr. off of Village Dr. I worked at the Taco Bell on Raeford Rd past the golf course.

A nice place, lot of good memories there. I played soccer at Terry Sanford High School when I looked like my avitar.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hey David, I don't suppose Chloe still has that lil stuffed animal or hello kitty doll or whatever it was that I bought her when we were up in the twin cities? Bet you're thinking what? huh? say again? LOL NM, wow she's sooo pretty. Hey, I've got a 3 yr old son who's an absolute cutie himself. Let's introduce them to eachother in 15 years. :wink:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.