Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't want to hijack the other thread, but it has me inspired.

Right now I have a 3ghz (2.99) Pentium 4 processor, my roomie (who I got it from) says it's a "lpg775" socket. Its an Asus motherboard, does not have PCI Express.

I want to upgrade to that. My vid card is a Radeon Pro 9600, 256meg, AGP 8x I think.

So, I want some recommendations for motherboards that I can upgrade to that have PCI express, and that I can use my processor, DDR2 ram, Sata HD, etc.

Looking to spend around $100 on the motherboard, and will probably just find a used vid card for cheap at first.

Thanks for any input, let me know if theres any other info you need to help me. :D

·
Registered
711 Posts
baker_jeff said:
Didn't want to hijack the other thread, but it has me inspired.

Right now I have a 3ghz (2.99) Pentium 4 processor, my roomie (who I got it from) says it's a "lpg775" socket. Its an Asus motherboard, does not have PCI Express.

I want to upgrade to that. My vid card is a Radeon Pro 9600, 256meg, AGP 8x I think.

So, I want some recommendations for motherboards that I can upgrade to that have PCI express, and that I can use my processor, DDR2 ram, Sata HD, etc.

Looking to spend around $100 on the motherboard, and will probably just find a used vid card for cheap at first.

Thanks for any input, let me know if theres any other info you need to help me. :D
Dude the only upgrade you need would be a video card upgrade... your comp is good... trust me right now is not the time to spend your $ on upgrades.

i have the same config as you, maybe a bit better mobo, an X800 pro and i play farcry full settings, except anti-aliasing at 4 not 6... still its not a noticable difference imho.

if you reallly wanna spend (waste) $ :p grab a nice 22" Widescreen (i got an acer, i'm sure there are other generics of the same TFT panel)... 1680x1050 is sweeeeeeeeet....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.