Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was just wondering if some of u guys could inform me on how many speakers come stock in my 1991 crx, and what size of aftermarket speakers i can buy to replace them that will fit perfectley within the door guards etc. etc. (without any custom fab work). Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
The front speakers are 5.25" in the doors. The rear, I have no idea. I haven't been back there to check. My last CRX didn't have any, but my current one has something. I just don't know.

·
Registered
952 Posts
putting 6.5's in the door require that you cut the back of the holding case off so they will fit. The rear need a bracket if its not already there. They can be fabbed up out of sheet metal or plywood.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts

The first two numbers in Blaupunkt's model numbering scheme are the size.
46 = 4"x6"
54 = 5.25"
57 = 5"x7"
65 = 6.5"
The only modification required to make them fit was cutting out the back of the mounting ring/basket.

·
Registered
952 Posts
You have to get 6.5 shallow speakers in order for them not to hit the glass.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
i threw some washers behind the speakers to get it to clear the window. it was a pain to do, but it's nice having a strong 6.5" speaker up front, especially since the rears are a little closer to you than the fronts in a rex. (but I sit pretty far back)

·
Registered
20,380 Posts
Janman1086 said:
Hi,

I was just wondering if some of u guys could inform me on how many speakers come stock in my 1991 crx, and what size of aftermarket speakers i can buy to replace them that will fit perfectley within the door guards etc. etc. (without any custom fab work). Thanks guys
www.crutchfield.com and www.installdr.com can be helpful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.