Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just wanted to know about codes on a tranny to tell which it is, si dx etc. And also from what I'm understanding something about different splines on different years?

Its in an 88 Si, now I duno if its the original engine and trans or not, i think i saw LS3 or something on the outside of the casing. I didnt pull it out yet to do the obvious to count the splines, any info you can share would be great, about spline count, and ID codes. Thanks guys!

and just for kicks heres a picture of the bottom half for your enjoyment!

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
AWESOME!!!!!

unfortunately, all the L3 will tell you is that it is a cable D series transmission.

88 transmissions are 21 spline input shafts, where as all the rest are 20 (89-00) 88 and 89 clutch disks are 200mm, and 90-00 are 212.

To figure out if it is an Si, DX or Hf, you need to spin the input shaft and count how many times the differential spins. There is a gearing chart that you can then figure it out from.

Being that the car is an 88, I would think its safe to assume that if it has 21 splines, its the original transmission.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a lot for replying guys, now is there anyway to make it work in another car? Ie 89-91? what all would need to be salvaged from this engine to have the trans work correctly on another later year?

·
Registered
25 Posts
so i picked up an si tranny today for $40, i counted the splines and it has 21, and the stamp says /3000. from what i've read, its an 88 si tranny. can i run this on my 91 HF w/ d16z6? if so, what clutch and flywheel?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.