Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm a new guy to the car community and I decided to buy a 1990 crx si 1.6L for my first project. Little did I know I got into something a little over my head but that's fine I like a challenge. So I bought this thing with a aftermarket alarm system hooked into it but the previous owner bypassed it and started fine. I then found a manual for the original alarm system and was able to (to what I believe) disable it entirely. I then plugged in the starter wire, tried to turn the key and now the car won't do anything. I have a check engine light, oil light, and battery light on. I also have the engine code 8 and 20. And from what I can see none of my fuses have blown. Please help

·
Registered
20,202 Posts
Check the clutch pedal for a plastic stopper up by the starter switch first
That wouldn't throw the CEL codes.

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
28 Posts
Hey I'm a new guy to the car community and I decided to buy a 1990 crx si 1.6L for my first project. Little did I know I got into something a little over my head but that's fine I like a challenge. So I bought this thing with a aftermarket alarm system hooked into it but the previous owner bypassed it and started fine. I then found a manual for the original alarm system and was able to (to what I believe) disable it entirely. I then plugged in the starter wire, tried to turn the key and now the car won't do anything. I have a check engine light, oil light, and battery light on. I also have the engine code 8 and 20. And from what I can see none of my fuses have blown. Please help
Hopefully you’ve fixed it by now but here’s a suggestion. I’ve removed aftermarket alarm systems in the past because of starting issues and it usually was something spliced into the starter wire on the ignition switch wiring under the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts