Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weds I went and pulled the fenders, headlights, front knuckles, axles, UCAs and struts from the 90 si parts car.
The worst of the damage:

Im going to have it replaced, the insurance cut me a good enough check and let me keep the car clean and clear, didnt even have to pay for it.
And then I replaced this:

With the Si parts....at least the drivers side anyway. :shock:
And then ripped most of the front of the car apart.

That was all I had time for until I had to leave for work.
Then at 3am this morning I started with a couple of these after I got off work:

And then setup shop:

I had alrdy ripped the pass axle out and popped the lower ball joint with the craftsman rachet trick and seperated the tierod.
And then my favorite scissor jack crapped out...sorry Ive had it for years and got pretty quick with it. Its from my first Cavalier. :lol:

Hmm, next time I'll rely on a jack stand....the car fell right as I walked around it.
Woohoo Si knuckle! :D With HF brakes :oops:

I need to get new Si rotors before I swap the calipers because. 1 they were kinda thin, and 2 I had to destory one to get the freaking screw out of it! :evil: Somebody had stripped the screw. I had some drill bits I would have drilled it out... :idea:

Is this sopposed to go like this? (the brake line..not sure if I put back right or not)

Now to fix the front end....I used the best 2 fenders I had, and they were not great, but will work. Im going to buy 2 new ones.
Passenger side first:

And then after running and getting the drivers side fender at 4:30am (I kinda forgot it Weds.... :oops: ) The drivers side:

Crap its alrdy day light.

Boob shot......(No sleep yet)

And for kicks,guess what my rental is. I put 600miles on this sucker since last friday.

I had to use my ricer corners from the 89 si as they were the only other 88-89 style corners I had, I do have a set of 90-91 corns that go with the head lights actualy but he clips that held them in the fenders were broke.
All in all I spent more time getting everything to line the best I could get to than actually putting it together. The headlights were a major pain as the originals brackets got bent and I think tweaked the mounting points. I couldnt even close the hood for awhile. Only thing left to make it road worthy again is to get it to a shop to get both front balljoints replaced. They are twising and I only managed to get the pins through them, but not tightened down.

Damn I start work in less than an hour....Damn my addiction to what I call a crx.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW I checked all the fuses, why the hell is only half my cluster working (no tach or temp and no startup lights)
And my signal lights do not work either. I replaced all most all the plugs for the lights on the front of the car as most of them got crushed. I figured this was the problem but apparently not. The lights work now, just dont flash. The only light that comes one when I turn the key to "ON" is the battery light....? Starts and drives fine, no codes.... :?:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do I look that bad or is just the car (the rental)? :lol:
Kewl thanks guys, its going in the shop in the morn to get new balljoints.

Hey Dub, checked your email yet?

Im going to paint the front all flat black, Im not digging the 4th of july look.... :rolleyes1:

·
Registered
68 Posts
very good work. lol. that's great my first civic was the same car and colour. i was going to work one morning and i hit a patch of ice and mangled the same side of the car. guard rail won. i had to do almost the same work but i paid a body shop to aline the front end and i put it back together. it rided better than it was before the crash. of course on oct, 29 1999 i was hit by a cab and the car was total. i was on my way to get mistfits tickets for their cd release in NYC on halloweens.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im going to have the rad support replaced, eventually. The corners on each side where the fender braces bolt got smashed in. My friend (owns the red civic) pulled them back out pretty good for me and then I put it back together. But it bugs me that it was perfect before it got hit, even though you cent see where it got bent.

Im sitting here taking down links for fenders, corners, bumper,HF bumper support...etc right now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.