Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Yeah you are right. . . .paint on that car looks hot. . . . thats about it though.. . . the plastic garbage on it has to go. . . . bang it off of a couple of guard rails. . .and it will start to look more like a crx. . . . . . . WOW that was harsh. . . Just really not digging the shaved door line with those style side skirts. . . . looks like it is missing something. . . . . They should have just put a door cap on it. . . . .

God I do like the color combo and that paint layout though. . . . .hotness.. .!!!!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone needs to photoshop a stock CRX with a 2 tone paint like it....

*hint to anyone able to do so lol*

·
Registered
276 Posts
I like the paint as well. Only thing is, this "dream" CRX is all show and no go... just look at the condition of the engine bay compared to the exterior.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I actually found this car a few weeks back when I was searching for a new one. I think his asking price went up since its on ebay. I love the paint job too, they could have atleast painted the red engine bay :puke: I also dont like the red stripe where the colors meet, I would have gone with somthing not so bright like a very dark blue maybe

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
lessonsinspeed said:
I like the paint as well. Only thing is, this "dream" CRX is all show and no go... just look at the condition of the engine bay compared to the exterior.
It's strange that this guy would spend so much time on the paint, bodykit and the craptastic painted interior but not even bother to paint the engine bay (even flat black). And the price......$5975 for an incomplete body kit (missing the door moldings) with a stock D16? Only on Ebay....

·
Registered
859 Posts
that paint scheme was actually the inpsiration for my old paint jub, but my car was already flat black and i didn't want to paint it over, so i did the top in silver, i was gunna add the red strip but never got around to it. an eg civic around me has the same scheme

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
i like it (the paint) not so much the body, but when I get my car painted I was thinking of black top / red bottom instead of the silver.

With the door moldings shaved, that ebay car should have chopped the side pieces above the rocker. It looks ugly the way it is now.

·
Registered
734 Posts
That 2-tone makes it look like a 1G DSM. I do like painting the roof and center hatch piece black on a lighter car with a CF hood...I guess this isn't much more paint, but at least with the roof/center hatch style you have clean body lines to define the areas to be painted (the drip rails on the roof and the break that separates the actual hatch from the rest of the body). When you do it this way, you have awkward areas like the one mentioned at the back of the rear windows where there's no lines to go by, and you end up choosing some arbitrary curve to define the break in paint color.

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
ryan_long_01 said:
That 2-tone makes it look like a 1G DSM. I do like painting the roof and center hatch piece black on a lighter car with a CF hood...I guess this isn't much more paint, but at least with the roof/center hatch style you have clean body lines to define the areas to be painted (the drip rails on the roof and the break that separates the actual hatch from the rest of the body). When you do it this way, you have awkward areas like the one mentioned at the back of the rear windows where there's no lines to go by, and you end up choosing some arbitrary curve to define the break in paint color.
Agreed.

·
Registered
257 Posts
damn..this is actually kinda close to soemthing I have been thinking about doing with tweak. damn...ohwell...my idea is is still going to be orginal.

·
Registered
132 Posts
mine is in better condition internally (undercar and engine bay), even the paint is close to as good (original paint Y-49) and the interior rivals it, but i can't say the car doesn't look tight!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.