Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i wanna pack more punch in my rex but i dunno what to do. i dun wanna do an engine swap until i get the most out of this engine.can anyone help me by tellin me some stuff to do or components to buy? (please exclude MPFI, full catk exhaust, CA intake, and Si ECU) thanks o yea and turbo is too easy of an answer.

·
Registered
914 Posts
this is a very vague question. everyone wants more hp. and theres nothing wrong with turbos and power adders.

if you want to do something unique, do a mini me swap. not as complicated as a full swap, but you still get a good boost. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
181 Posts
dirrty said:
lol.. i already know how to install a turbo.. i dun wanna do that yet tho. i was looking to go all motor but to get the most out of it.
You know how to "install" a turbo, but not how to build a NA motor? Okay...
NA is easy, just not cheap.
Improve airflow with a port/polish/aggressive cam, increase compression ratio. Add tuneability parts like cam gear, fpr, some kind of EMS and then spend several hours on the dyno.

But I say save up your money and get a new keyboard that has a working shift key.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Thats what i want, Swap out the engine to a b18, and build it all NA with enough power to beat an Evo in a race.

please exclude MPFI, full catk exhaust, CA intake, and Si ECU
About the only thing to do then is ajd the timing to get a little more horsepower. Adding more fuel might help as well. Just save the money and get the swap that you want.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
why do you want to exclude 3 basic things? have you already done them? does your car already have mpfi? If it doesnt dont waste you time trying to go all motor dpfi DX. If its easy, then do it first they are pretty much required things to get the most hp.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Pardon my brevity, as I am replying from my phone.

Ok, so you want to make more power, and now you have a basically an si setup. You have 3 best case options. Minime, motor swap, or turbo. For some reason you at no turbo. Ok. It looks like you are set on a b18, that's good, I prefer that motor to a b16 even. To be honest though, I would build a single cam with the money you be putting into a b18 swap. Once we get toms car setup it'll run with the b16/b18ab swaps for a fraction of the cost.

Soo many options, the way I see it, the d16 and b18 are great turbo platforms, the minime is the cost effective all motor option, and the b18c is the first swap you should conside if you are dead set on all motor.

Check my signature, and guess which car is faster...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.