Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well ive noticed ive seen alot of idleing issued talked about on the board well i didn't end up reading anything like my issue. Like everyones CRX it revs higher when cool correct? While after mine gets warm the idel drops to 1,000 and than revs up to 1,500 and than drops down again,it gets doing this. Makes a weird puff sound when it drops from 1,500 to 1,000. What kind of problem you think im looking at right now,also how to solve this issue.
Thanks Guys

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
It sounds like there is a hole or a poor seal on one of your vacuum lines. Where exactly is the "puffing" sound coming from?

·
Registered
267 Posts
thats what mine did when the alternator went out this week

went from 1500 to 1000 makin a puffing sound?

but your batery light indicator would be on if that was happening

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well my alternator is brand new so i can't see that being a problem. But the puff sound just comes from the exhuast thats all. I remeber turning my idel screw up bc my car was running at like 800 rpms and shaking really bad so i turned it up to like 1000 and maybe thats when it started to do that. But ill check my vacum lines. Where are they all located?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Does it bogg at all or if you give it gas does the throttle open and the engine not rev up. Check your MAP sensor. That was my issue. If you unplug the vaccum line from the throttle body it will idle a bit high but it will be driveable and the car won't rev up and down..

-James-

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
xJamesX said:
Does it bogg at all or if you give it gas does the throttle open and the engine not rev up. Check your MAP sensor. That was my issue. If you unplug the vaccum line from the throttle body it will idle a bit high but it will be driveable and the car won't rev up and down..

-James-
No the car doesn't bogg at all and it doesn't have the throttle issue either,its just the reving up and down from what i said before. So i guess ill have to check the vaccum lines if thats the case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.