Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Let the engine warm up fully (cooling fan should come on once), make sure all accessories are turned off (Lights, HVAC fan, defroster, cooling fan) and then disconnect the EACV. Adjust the idle as necessary... It should be:

HF: 500 ± 50 rpm
DX: 625 ± 50 rpm
Si: 550 ± 50 rpm

Turn the ignition off, reconnect the EACV and then remove the hazard fuse in the under-hood fuse box for 10 seconds to reset the ECU. Restart the engine and let it idle for at least 1 minute (don't touch the throttle or anything) and re-check the idle speed.

Cali. and high alt. HF: 650 ± 50rpm
49 state HF: 600 ± 50 rpm
US DX: 750 ± 50 rpm
Canadian DX: 800 ± 50 rpm
US Si: 750 ± 50 rpm
Canadian Si: 780 ± 50 rpm

Info loosely copied from the '91 Helm's manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
so i took your advice and changed out the pcv valve and that didnt help my reving problem. when it is at idle it jumps from 1g rpm to 3g to 2g back and forth....what do i need to do to change this ?

·
Registered
394 Posts
jfrolang said:
bobski said:
Canadian HF: 780 ± 50 rpm
You sure about that? I'm fairly certain those don't even exist. :p
Your right they dont exist! the only ones are Si's. How do i know this? well i went to my dads shop and was looking on their computers for parts that i could order and just for curiosity i looked for HF parts and it said "not-canadian vehicle"......but when i typed Si-R i found somestuff not much but some. I still have yet to see a Si-R in canada though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
aphinney said:
so i took your advice and changed out the pcv valve and that didnt help my reving problem. when it is at idle it jumps from 1g rpm to 3g to 2g back and forth....what do i need to do to change this ?
This thread should help:
http://crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=1354

Enjoy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.