Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About once a month, my car will idle roughly when I start it and then it will stall. Feeding the car gas will do very little to stop it from stalling. It will do this for about 3 times then it will take off like nothing ever happened. And only does it when the car is warmed up. Does not throw a check engine light when it does this. But I do manage to get a check engine light about once a month. Gives me 8,9,15, and recently a 20. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The distributor was replaced a couple months ago. A used one though. Tje main relay was re soldered this past summer.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I'd try another distributor... thats how mine acted when it was going bad. Also, the codes correspond.

Another possibility could be the ignition switch, being loose/dirty, but I would go with the distributor being the problem.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there any specific part of the distributor that could be the culprit? New distributor isn't in the budget just yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.