Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a push button starter along with a switch for the ignition/power. I took off the plastic around the steering wheel and the wires are quite a bit thicker than I anticipated. I figured they just ran off a switch from turning the key and then kicked on a relay. I am not 100% sure that this is the case now.

I just want to wire up my starter button and ignition switch. I do not want to use a key to start the car anymore. Any help, suggestions, diagrams would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
731 Posts
Well then how are you going to drive the car without the key when the steering wheel will be locked?

What you need to do is find the starter wire that runs down from the ignition switch in a harness that plugs into the left side of the underdash fuse panel. The wire is black with a white stripe and is about 14 gauge. Cut that wire and attach the two ends to your push button.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Heu. I plan on getting rid of the key switch. I'll drill out the two screws holding it on. I figure I can get it all out of there and just have the push button and switch for power.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here's an idea I came up with recently. Should be the same as your car, except for the wire colors. I've haven't actually wired it in yet, too busy, but from the looks of it, it should work.

Wires colors:
Bk/W = Starter (Pos III)
BK/Y = Ign 1
BK/Y = Ign 2
W/R = ACC
W = BATT
W = BATT

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here are the wires for the CRX second gen...

Key position 1:

WHT - WHT/RED (battery B to accessory)

Key position 2:

WHT/BLK - WHT/RED (battery B to accessory)
WHT/BLK - BLU/WHT (battery B to ignition 2 B)
WHT - BLK/YEL (battery A to ignition 1)
WHT - YEL (battery A to ignition 2 A)

Key position 3:

WHT - BLK/YEL (battery A to ignition 1)
WHT - BLK/WHT (battery A to starter)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.