Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just have to wait on income tax to get here.
(pics coming soon)

What I'm looking at is a 90 DX with 201K on it for $700.00

Misc mods include:
Eibach Sportline springs (will sell)
ViS Carbon fiber hood (will sell)
Si Seats (my old ones, lol)
Spare ZC motor (needs oil pan and crank pully to be complete, will sell)

Needs:
Painted (I'll probably jsut rattle can it flat black after minor rust repair, so I can touch up as needed)
Side modlings (fender door and quarter)
Main Relay
Rear brakes
minor rust bubbles in the rear quarters repaired
fix short in radio wiring (keeps blowing radio/dome light fuse)

The plan is to sell the carbon hood, ZC motor and sprotline springs and take it back to stock before a paint job. Then just daily drive it and enjoy unil it falls apart.

*edit to add pics*

and here's a link to the album to save thread load times
CLICK HERE

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rex2nr said:
WAY. In fact, I'll have your old ZC vavle cover. If that tells U anything. lol.

I been lurking here off and on. I just dont post.

I've been going places I can't go in a CRX. I figured I should build up the Jeep to go more places, so getting a CRX to DD and save a ton of gas is a good plan, I think. I just have to break it to the wife that rather than getting a new Glock, I'm getting a CRX:

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rex2nr said:
Its such a small world... man our cars are so inbred with all this sharing of parts, lol.

good luck with it.. maybe you'll show at N13?
Perhaps. I have 2 Jeep trail rides every month this year except December.

I'll try to squeeze it in. Is there a date/location set?

·
Registered
114 Posts
mithuth said:
check and make sure you don't have a screw or something in the cig lighter thing. i know i kept blowing that same fuse because i had a screw fall in there and didn't know it.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ITruns20s said:
mithuth said:
check and make sure you don't have a screw or something in the cig lighter thing. i know i kept blowing that same fuse because i had a screw fall in there and didn't know it.
I haven't bought it yet. I put $50 on it to hold it til my income tax came in. I'll look after I pay for it. Thanks for the tip.

I'm going to yank the DVD player/cd player he has in there anyhow, so i will peek at wires when I'm in there. All I need is an AM/FM radio/CD player, and the CD player is completely optional.

A strong running motor + a good heater for winter driving is all I need. For summer, I like ot have the windows down, so AC is not a concern. The only problem I had with my Si I didnt like was the rear defrost didnt work. So hopefully that works on this one. I'm going to go get pics and take a better look at it tomorrow.

Either way, for 700, I'll deal with a few nucances

I'm planning to buy it and sell the ZC to fund the minor repairs and misc things it needs. Then get it inspected and enjoy it. I may attempt to paint it myself. I'll do a LOT of reading how to do prep work and such, then give it a go. It sure doesn't look hard.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jfrolang said:
I knew you'd be back. Now go tell ProfessorCRX to get out of his Jeep and into a rex. :p
No way .. I'm not getting out of the Jeep. F that! That Jeep is more fun than a CRX could ever be. (for me anyhow) I'd never tell someone to get out of thier Jeep either. Jeeps kick ass!

I knew I'd be back too. I just couldnt see me keeping ahold of a completely stock rust free CRX and doing nothing with it. I was afraid to drive it in PA winters cuz of all the mess they put on the roads, etc ... It was better to let it go to Matt so he could make it great. Which he has been. Now it's time to move into a less than perfect CRX I can actually drive guilt free.

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
im doing my best :p

the car is very fast these days.....and i drive it all the time when its nice out. my beater car is being downgraded from the 2.5RS to a 240sx so i mnot going to want to drive anything but the CRX.

If you are ever around youll have to take it for a spin. i think i increased the power about 2x and soon to be over 3x stock.

plus ill be at N13.....3 in a row for sinful

ps still got no rear defrost

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
Do you do Rubicon and other 4X4 competitions like that? That stuff is big out here. Looks fun, but my cherokee is... :oops: ...2WD.
2wd Cherokee?

I've not gone out to Moab or Rubicon yet. I really want to, but my Jeep is still too unbuilt for trails like that.

I still need a Dana 44 or Ford 8.8 Rear axle ($1300), 4.10 gears ($300-600), ARB Lockers ($2110), 9K+ lb Winch ($1000), 35x12.5-15 Tires ($1200) and so many other misc things I wont be on a heavy duty trail like that for a few years. Mostly jsut local woodland trail rides for now.

mattminerDOTcom said:
im doing my best :p

the car is very fast these days.....and i drive it all the time when its nice out. my beater car is being downgraded from the 2.5RS to a 240sx so i mnot going to want to drive anything but the CRX.

If you are ever around youll have to take it for a spin. i think i increased the power about 2x and soon to be over 3x stock.

plus ill be at N13.....3 in a row for sinful

ps still got no rear defrost

[email protected]
Sweet. PM me a link to some upgraded pics, etc... so I can take a ... PEEK!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
crxfisher said:
I told you so!
I agreed back then. I still stand by my choice to sell sinful. Why have a really nice CRX you never drive? It's pointless. I'd rather have something a bit beat up I dont mind putting an arse whoopin on once in a while. Not to mention driving it in winter. In PA, we have 3 monthes of good weather, and 9 of crap. I wouldnt drive sinful in naything but pure sunshine. 400 miles or so, in 4 years is pointless. Matt is doing amazing tings with her, and I'm proud I made the right choice for her next owner. There were a few locals interested, but I wouldnt sell her to them cuz I see the calibur of CRX/import around here.

I got what I really wanted, an off-road toy I can enjoy in all weather. Snow, Mud, Sunshine, etc.. I think I showed the pics before, but here's one of my favorites.

Anyhow, if a Civic hatch, or Geo Storm, etc.. came along at such a great price along with such sellable extras as a carbon fiber hood and a ZC motor, I'd pic that up.

Don't miss read that, I am really excited it's a CRX. Just know that if it would have been something else, I'd have went that route. I was actually looking for a Tracker to use as a beater driver, and when I called a used car salesman friend of mine, he told me he was sellign his CRX if I was interested, and would give me a great deal since he knows I'd take care of it.

So that's where i am, waiting for W2s and income taxes. I want to get some things for hte Jeep, but in the long run, saving the spare gas money each week will get the Jeep parts faster, and driving a CRX again will be fun too.

*edit to add the following*

I've been sitting here pondering colors for repaint and such. I may keep the Carbon Fiber hood, and go with either Blade Silver or Laguna Gold when I repaint it. Silver is pretty easy to hide mistakes in the paint, and should be an easy color for my first paint job try, and I've always been a fan of the Laguna Gold on Civic Hatches. Also, the stock 13" wheels would have to go in lue of Black 15" Rota Slipstreams.

I'm thinking pulling out the Stock 1.5, ecu, and wiring harness and dropping in a Si motor, tranny, wire harness and ECU for added power on the cheap would be great too. That way I can walk into the parts store and say I have the 1.6L Si motor and just grab replacement parts off the shelf. SO much easier than asking the local ******** @ the parts store for a 89 Teg this or a 88 Si that, etc... Easier to say, "Give me a Alternator and belt."

I don't want a ZC, I'm a big fan of the SOHC in a CRX, so hopefully selling that can help fund the replacement D16a6, ECU, and harness.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Come to think of it, rather than repainting the whole car, I could just get a WW RS kit and paint it to match the body.

The owner prior to my friend owning it had patched some rust on the rear quarters and rockers. Rather than repaint it the metalic maroon shade it was, they painted it a bright gold color. I'm guessing rattle can gold from the dollar store. Also, rather than replacing the body molding with OEM molding, they put on some adhesive weather stripping looking body molding that looks sort of like the body side molding form a mid 80s F150. It's a rubber strip between two chrome stripes. *gag* My friend hit a deer so I gave him my old, faded white Si front bumper and he bought the carbon fiber hood.

Anyhow, a WW RS kit would eliminate the gold lower half, the crappy looking modling, and the white front bumper. And the kit would be easy to paint to match the rest of the car.

Anyone have a pic of a WW kit on the maroon color of the DX? I'd like to get an idea of what it owuld look like before spending the cash on the WW kit.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welp, I went and looked at it again today to make sure of what I'm getting into.

It has a bit more body rust than I initially remembered, but not much at all comapared to some of the other beaters I've seen up this way.

I will need a passenger fender, a driver's rocker pannel, and some minor surface rust repair before it gets either painted or body kit'd. Other than that, It is exactly as I remember it.

I'll add the pics in the first post as soon as photobucket is finished uploading.

Oh man, sitting in it was like slipping under an old, familar blanket. 8)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
baker423 said:
mithuth said:
ViS Carbon fiber hood (will sell)
Where are you located?
If you are somewhat local to me, are still wanting to sell the hood & pending condition of it, i would be interested in it.
It's in imaculate condition, and after seeing how sexy it looks on teh maroon, I think I'm going to keep it. Thanks for hte interest though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.