Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well eventually.
Im selling off all my stuff I dont need and Im plannin a K swap. Its going to be a while for me. Mainly due to the cost of the swap.

Im going to get the mount kit so I can weld it in before I paint my shell. Im looking at having it done before the end of the year. I will probably get another job to finance this project :lol:

So wish me luck!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thats cool Krix! Enjoy the project, thats going to be one bad ass crx! Its great that more people are doing it. Try to keep a write-up. You K crx owners are the pioneers. Every time someone does this, it seems more possible and doable.
What mpg do crxes with k swaps have?
(PS. I always thought you had a krx. You know, because of "Krix"?)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Good move man. BTW I figured I would put together a chart of the known definitions of the engine code designations:

K=Killer, the undeniable slaughterer
B=Biatch, one day they were good, their time has past, now they just complain, about the K take over.
H=****, to heavy, and big, lots of mods required and not much in return.
D=Daily Driver, not good for anything else.
F=Far from being worth putting in anything.

Don't hate 2.2 it's all in good fun lol! Welcome to the club Krix!

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
alpahabet soup

K=Kost you an arm and a leg (and maybe a nut)
B=Best overall deal going these days
H=Hard to install, Hauls ass
D=Dependable, Dont underestimate
F=F(orget?) this motor, unless it came in your car

[email protected]

·
Registered
453 Posts
Krix, might I suggest buying someones aborted K-swap: (car w/all the fixins) or (K20 drivetrain). It'll save you some coin.

And then you can sell me that HF! muahahaha!! :twisted:

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I found out today that according to the dmv, I " purchased the car illeagally".
The car has changed hands a couple of times without being re-titled. Since they didnt pay the tax on it, its illeagal. Im going to have to work on a couple things to get it titled now.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I dont queit understand, do you mean: That since the car had been through several people and not put in their names, its now illegal? I mean how did they know this?

Hmm...Does the title have a matching signature for the name thats on it?
But im guessing that the last dude who had the car filled in his name on the title and didnt have a new title put in his name?

Sorry Ive had to put up with the DMVs crap before when the guy signed the title and then brought the car back to me....Since he never went to the DMV. I just went and told them I lost my title, showed my ID and payed 10bucks for a new one. ANd burned the old one.

·
Registered
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its like this.

John Doe is original Owner.
John Doe sold the car to James Doe.
He never titled it.
The car switch hands a few more times.
One of those times someone wrote on the title " sold on xxx day "
DMV said I would have to track down all the people, and have them title it, then sign it over :rolleyes1: .

I guess I should have payed more attention to it, but I really thought it was no big deal. I even offered to pay the tax since I know thats all they are concerned about. They said no and its illeagal. The lady at dmv even tried to snatch the title from me. I know a mechanic that may be able to get a title for me. If not Ill apply for new title and say it was abandoned on my property for more than 30 days.....

If that doesnt work Ill call it a 91 si and send my blue one to the crusher :lol:

I hate the DMV. Bill of sale means nothing now.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Shhh...They could be watching... :lol:

Ah but now I see whats happened and it sounds like its going to be a pain in the ass. But I wish you luck... :shock:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.