Honda CRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone. My name's Dallas, I'm from Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I own a 1990 CRX DX. Here in a few weeks I'm putting in a single cam ZC. But, first i have to replace the crank. It has a carb cam in it. I'm hoping to have that boosted by mid-summer. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to let me know. Also, is there anyone from Iowa, or sorrounding states? Thanks.

Dallas

·
Registered
301 Posts
welcome! Im a newb myself. To this site anyway, as far as your motor goes try to source an injected zc motor, readily available for about 400 bux, if you are already stuck with the carbed one, then keep the motor thats already in your car and do a head swap.(not with the carb zc head!) Research "mini-me" for that infio, its been covered a lot..

good luck,

cheers!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lot of people get confused w/ that. It is a FI motor, but it has the carb cam in it. It actually helps out a lot. I bought the motor for $200 bucks, and it only has 300 miles on it, (I know the person). Keep the comments coming.

Dallas

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have a TON of experience with this stuff. You're telling me that the carb cam is better than the FI cam? Ive taken the time to spec all of the D-series cams. C'mon man. :?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not meaning any disrespect. Take a look at this: My friend richard had this motor in his 4g hatch, w/ the carb cam. He ran a 15.8 spinning in 2nd. Then another friend had a CRX Si, w/ a couple little bolt on's and he could only get his to go 16.001.

Dallas

·
Registered
301 Posts
90crxT said:
I'm not meaning any disrespect. Take a look at this: My friend richard had this motor in his 4g hatch, w/ the carb cam. He ran a 15.8 spinning in 2nd. Then another friend had a CRX Si, w/ a couple little bolt on's and he could only get his to go 16.001.

Dallas
2 10'ths of a second difference is all driver man...All I'm saying is that cam is LESS of a lift and durration than the A6 cam, and the sohc zc fi cam is .2 more duration and .1 lift GREATER than the A6 cam....do the math, the crx motor could also be a lot more tired than that motor, especially since you have said its basicaly new.

Anyway, welcome to the site, If you wanna continue spec discussions feel free to pm me or we can start a difference thread in the modifacation forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I do plan on buying a differ. cam some day. Anyway, I don't have a Digital camera. So, it might be a while for pics, but I'm working on it.

Dallas

·
Registered
779 Posts
I had a carbed SOHC ZC and had the MPFI from an A6 on it. Ran a 15.6 with it on crappy winter tires with the engine light on.

16.0, the guy must of been doing something wrong...

I doubt there is a difference in the cam from carb to injected. Both made really good power, and typically speaking they are very small differences in the power band.

·
Registered
529 Posts
SIred91 said:
90crxT said:

Dallas
2 10'ths of a second difference is all driver man...
This is true. I know a girl that ran a 15.3 with a 91 CRX Si, only mod was an AEM intake.......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jacob: Nice rally car ride height, i am looking forward to adding this car to my kill list, you talk abunch of ****, but even people on a crx fourm think your stupid...enjoy

Dustin: Hello everyone. As you can tell, more than 1 person is using this account. I currently have an ls/vtec crx, you can check it out at www.myspace.com/thelegendofdustin Now back to the topic of intrest. The new user (dallas) and I have a..what you say history. This kid doesn't know right from wrong. Im sure he didnt tell you about his past experences. such as at some street races in there town, He likes to peal out, right before cars race, and get in there way. His last car, a saturn, he showed up to races, acting like a dick. he'll argue about stupid subjects, like putting a "card" cam in his "non carb" engine. and as for his friend, Richard. He's also a pathetic loser, and a pedifile.

I dont want to seem like an asshole, making my first post as a diss to another member. I am well known in other Honda forums..with more than what 2000 members? I've owned 5 honda's, 1 crx dx, 2 crx si, 1 civic hatch si, and 2006 CRV SE. Jake more less stay's with the 3800 series gm's. he has owned an integra.

I can see someone here is already finding out how stupid dallas is. :p its ok dallas..we all like knowing that your friends are welcome to stay at your house, while your fat nasty gf, gets off on a dildo..I feel sorry for you dallas. march 27th, 8 pm. We are racing..

·
Registered
5 Posts
DALLAS!!! NICE ENGINE BUILD...what are you building? looks like you disasembled the block, got confused and forgot where everything goes. ASK RICHARD!!! he knows where everything goes.

By the way, he's talking highly of a guy, that got beat by my d15b vtec swapped crx, to his b18 swapped hatch..

and My car ran a 16.001...and Im not your friend. if richards car ran a 15.8, why did my stock d15b run a 15.9? wait...is that because he used carb cams? hahaha.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Alright guys, the bull**** is totally unnecessary. Keep this up and someone around may actually have to use the ban button.

If you really have that much of an issue with Dallas, take it up with him personally, and keep this immature BS off our site.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.