Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm selling my CRX next Friday :cry: ... I know I'll miss it, but right now I stumbled upon a great deal on a 92-95 Civic EX coupe, so I'm going with that. I plan on buying the Civic ($400, great condition, all it needs is paint) and getting it painted.... maybe I'll drive it around over the winter, but once spring comes I want to sell it and hopefully make a decent profit.

Don't worry, I'm gone from the CRX game temporarily... but I'll be back :p

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
I don't know what you're thinking man, you only recently traded your first CRX for this one.. maybe you don't want to deal with problems and feel like you're better off with a different car? In which case, I doubt your ability to find a CRX for sale in the future that you'd be happy with.

Or perhaps you enjoy having different cars all the time, since you already want to sell a car you don't even own yet.

$400 also seems suspiciously low to me for an EG, have you driven it? I feel like if you're buying a car that cheap, you're buying somebody else's issues. But seriously, 400 bucks can't be so much that you have to sell your CRX to afford it?

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
I traded my first CRX for that exact car. A 95 Civic EX coupe. It was nice (electric windows, VTEC), but it was NO REX! I soon sold it and bought my current rex which I've owned for almost 3 years now. You will miss the rex. Just don't say we didn't warn you.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm buying the Civic from a guy I know, he's dependable and the Civic looks like its in great condition. I haven't driven it yet, but I'm sure I'll drive it before I make my final decision.

I'm just really tired of getting CRX's that need too much time and/or money put into them, the next CRX I buy will be stock, clean, and rust free... I don't care how much I have to spend. Both of the CRX's I've had have problems. Currently, my brakes are very bad, the clutch slips in every gear, the exhaust rattles, the gauges don't light up, there's no driver's side window, there is a small hole in the gas tank, it bogs out at low RPM's, theres rust which is getting progressively worse... the list goes on. I just don't have time to deal with it right now. I don't plan on having the Civic very long, I just want a winter car that has a little more "luxuries" than my CRX, IE power windows, power steering, sunroof, etc.

Don't get mad at me guys, I told you I'll be back soon. :p

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I bet you'll have an SiR by the time you come back. Then we will all be jealous of you instead of the other way around :wink:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
jfrolang said:
CeeAreEx90 said:
the next CRX I buy will be stock, clean, and rust free... I don't care how much I have to spend.
It's not about money, It's damn hard to even find one like that for sale.
It's managable.... as long as you have patience.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Cartman from Southpark...........

you shouldn't have done that... He's just a boy....... Poor little fella...
The poor white car never got the attention it deserved.. I had way too many crx's to try and rescue them all. . . dude your nuts. . . that is a solid car..
i have a gas tank you can have it. . . buy a clutch and ill help you put it in i guess you are kinda far but still free labor is free labor... the other problems are minor. . . . I seriously doubt you are upgrading much in getting a 400 dollar civic... it does sound like a good deal. . but i think i would personally hold on to your REX and sell blood, sperm or urine or what ever other bodily fluids are worth a buck and just buy the civic as well. . . oh well keep me updated on the new owner of the crx. . . and you better get him over here as a member so we can hear about his progress/ problems with the car. . . . take care man ,. . . Chris

·
Registered
164 Posts
holy crap man. that looks like a very solid rex. if you sell it to buy a civic you're insane! btw i'm not mad... just calling for a re-evaluation. toxiclows just offered to help out with the clutch job, take him up on it! heck if you do it on a day(s) i have off i may be able to roll along and help/watch, as i've never done a clutch but will have to someday. yeah it'd be a pretty long drive but road trips are nice :)

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
well since we have 2 helpers now. . . . .i guess we have dibs on my garage in Punxsy. . . . Im allowing 3 hours for the whole job and that includes some b/s and beer drinking and of course some rex talk..... and you guys digging through all of my junk and admiring my domed pistons. . . :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn.... you guys got me thinking. I'll make my decision by next week, we'll see.... maybe I'll keep it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Kain said:
holy crap man. that looks like a very solid rex. if you sell it to buy a civic you're insane! btw i'm not mad... just calling for a re-evaluation. toxiclows just offered to help out with the clutch job, take him up on it! heck if you do it on a day(s) i have off i may be able to roll along and help/watch, as i've never done a clutch but will have to someday. yeah it'd be a pretty long drive but road trips are nice :)
i would be willing to lend a hand also.. and im sure get caught dead would be willing to come as well..

scarponze

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The car has been stressing me out alot lately.... I finally broke down when I went to my friend's house to try and change the clutch. We couldn't brake the bolt loose on the front motor mount, not even with an impact gun set at 150 psi. I just said **** it, I'm selling it.

the Civic is still a possibility... we'll see.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts