Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I opened an account, the question I couldnt find an answer to is, what is my account name?

I need to give you guys an account to send the money for jerky to...

I guess it would be DBritt57?, but I'm not sure, and paypal isnt clear on it.

They did say that any CC transactions would come up as DBRITT57 on the CC statement.
Would that be my account name for payment?

I am shipping some out this week (please be patiant, I'll get to everybody)
and I'll need to get this resolved ASAP

·
Registered
237 Posts
Basically a seller pays through paypal and then paypal will hold the money(minus fees) in an account for the buyer. Then if the buyer wants the money, Pay Pal nickels and dimes them with more fees.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Or rather...........

Basically a buyer pays through paypal and then paypal will hold the money(minus fees) in an account for the seller. Then if the seller wants the money, Pay Pal nickels and dimes them with more fees.

:lol:

And these days, you don't get charged a fee for removing the money... only when someone pays (in a commercial account, the percentage is charged on every transaction). Also, you can get the PayPal Check card (which is issued by Visa, so you can use it ANYWHERE), which gives you 1% cash back on all purchases with it... So you could use the PayPal account as your primary account for your business, and use the PayPal card for material purchases, get the 1% cash back on it, and then the money just stays there. Unless you don't trust PayPal, but i think people are far to exaggerating when it comes to 'bad stories' with PayPal. I've been a commercial member since like 1999 or something like that, and i've never once had a single problem with them, and any transaction refunds or whatever were handled very timely.

·
Registered
850 Posts
DAP91Si said:
Basically a seller pays through paypal and then paypal will hold the money(minus fees) in an account for the buyer. Then if the buyer wants the money, Pay Pal nickels and dimes them with more fees.
Transfering money to your checking account doesn't cost any money.
it takes two or three days. I use paypal on a daily basis since 1999 and have never had a problem with them. (knock on wood)

Your account number is the email address you used to sign in.

·
Registered
237 Posts
ComposiMo said:
Or rather...........

Basically a buyer pays through paypal and then paypal will hold the money(minus fees) in an account for the seller. Then if the seller wants the money, Pay Pal nickels and dimes them with more fees.

:lol:

And these days, you don't get charged a fee for removing the money... only when someone pays (in a commercial account, the percentage is charged on every transaction). Also, you can get the PayPal Check card (which is issued by Visa, so you can use it ANYWHERE), which gives you 1% cash back on all purchases with it... So you could use the PayPal account as your primary account for your business, and use the PayPal card for material purchases, get the 1% cash back on it, and then the money just stays there. Unless you don't trust PayPal, but i think people are far to exaggerating when it comes to 'bad stories' with PayPal. I've been a commercial member since like 1999 or something like that, and i've never once had a single problem with them, and any transaction refunds or whatever were handled very timely.
I just relaized I should have proof read that more thoroughly before I hit submit.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I gotta second the PayPal debit card thing. Sell something on eBay, they PayPal you the money, and you walk up to an ATM and take it out (or, go out to eat, or buy clothes, or whatever else you can do with a debit card). Sure, there are fees for this or that, but they're providing a service. I'd rather pay their fees than deal with money orders for all the stuff I buy and sell online.

I've read the horror stories too, but I don't really care that much...a place that does that many transactions every day will have plenty of horror stories.

Blast from the past, does anyone remember x.com? It was the first "online bank"...I had a checking account there back in probably 1999 or 2000, the checks even said x.com on them. I think PayPal bought them out...just a trip down memory lane that someone else here might recall.

edit: x.com redirects to paypal...so I guess they did merge. Before free online billpay became popular, I also had a service where I would have my regular paper bills sent to a forwarding address (a PO Box), and this website/service would scan each page of my bills, email them to me, email me alerts when the bill was due, and allow me to pay them online. It would send an actual check based on the info I filled out online...funny how the internet used to be so low-tech :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.