Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry about those guys, (DUSTIN&JAYK), They've hated me forever. But anyway, I was wondering, if you guys have heard anthing about a new CRX thats was supposed to come out? IDK, just wondering.

Dallas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
90crxT said:
I'm sorry about those guys, (DUSTIN&JAYK), They've hated me forever. But anyway, I was wondering, if you guys have heard anthing about a new CRX thats was supposed to come out? IDK, just wondering.

Dallas
Nothing but rumors. They will never make another CRX again. Check out the Insight for the closest thing now to a CRX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,844 Posts
Don't worry about it, man. They seem like a pretty sad couple of guys if they need to chase you around the internet to insult you...that's my first impression. Anyway, I'm not going to turn this into a another hater-ade thread...

There have been rumors since I bought my rex and joined the forums about the return of the rex... that was 7 years ago, and no one has seen anything more than some clever photoshops mentioning a return of the CRX to the Honda new car lots.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
16,562 Posts
Every year there are rumors of a new CRX. Every year it's a lie. The CRX's role as a high-mileage 2-seat personal commuter car was adopted by the Insight, which is now discontinued. People don't want cars like that any more. The role of a sporty compact CRX Si was homologated with the Civic Si. There's no room for it in the modern Honda lineup.

The CRX was from another time in Honda's history, when Soichiro Honda was still alive and held the title of "supreme adviser." Current President and CEO of Honda, Takeo Fukui, has said that for 2009 a new, compact, affordable hybrid will be introduced with an annual sales target of 100k. A new Fit is likely to show up around the same time. A new CRX, however, is not going to happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
jfrolang said:
Every year there are rumors of a new CRX. Every year it's a lie. The CRX's role as a high-mileage 2-seat personal commuter car was adopted by the Insight, which is now discontinued. People don't want cars like that any more. The role of a sporty compact CRX Si was homologated with the Civic Si. There's no room for it in the modern Honda lineup.

The CRX was from another time in Honda's history, when Soichiro Honda was still alive and held the title of "supreme adviser." Current President and CEO of Honda, Takeo Fukui, has said that for 2009 a new, compact, affordable hybrid will be introduced with an annual sales target of 100k. A new Fit is likely to show up around the same time. A new CRX, however, is not going to happen.
If they wanted to make a quick bang of money, they should release a limited amount of redesigned CRX. IF they brought it back, I could bet you they would have a very long waiting list, with about everyone from this board on it lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
850 Posts
ludesrv said:
If they wanted to make a quick bang of money, they should release a limited amount of redesigned CRX. IF they brought it back, I could bet you they would have a very long waiting list, with about everyone from this board on it lol.
Sure, do you have the 40K+ it would cost? A limited run of a vehicle that right now doesn't even exist is more unlikely than the return of the CRX itself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
crxter said:
ludesrv said:
If they wanted to make a quick bang of money, they should release a limited amount of redesigned CRX. IF they brought it back, I could bet you they would have a very long waiting list, with about everyone from this board on it lol.
Sure, do you have the 40K+ it would cost? A limited run of a vehicle that right now doesn't even exist is more unlikely than the return of the CRX itself.
I would fork over whatever it took if it came with a 200hp k20 with a 6spd tranny and it was a nice light weight 2 seater, sleek CRX styled lines with all the goodies we do to our hondas already on it. And to be honest, you are more likely to see a new vehicle come out like that then the return of the rex.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
GSRCRXsi said:
car companies will never make a 2000 lb car anymore. with all the safety eq. thats required these days, it drives the weight up. in the US at least
True, but using other materials you CAN built a safe vehicle like the new Civic Si, weigh alot less. The same way they made the GM EV1 so damn light. Magnesium seat frames/pans. Things like that. But of course Honda would never spring for parts like that. The days of lightweight cheap hondas are long gone. I personally haven't liked anything since 2000 from them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,285 Posts
The Crx is NOT coming back, it's time has passed.
This has been dicussed over and over and over.

The closest thing that Honda has now is the Fit.
The Crx is a small niche market.
If Honda did "reisssue" the Crx, it would be expensive and def would & could not be the same. It would have power steering, ABS, more safety features than you could imagine, it just would not be the same.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That would be so nice if they did bring it back though. What motor is everyone's dream motor, to swap in to their CRX. Mine would have to be the K20, and I'd keep it nice and simple: exhaust and intake, thats it.

Dallas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
473 Posts
90crxT said:
That would be so nice if they did bring it back though. What motor is everyone's dream motor, to swap in to their CRX. Mine would have to be the K20, and I'd keep it nice and simple: exhaust and intake, thats it.

Dallas
Dream motor? Like actual dream? An H22 that weighs 100 pounds less than it does, with perfect torque and HP curves putting out about 300/300 to the wheels. Maybe with an optional supercharger for good measure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
779 Posts
JustAnotherRex said:
Dream motor? Like actual dream? An H22 that weighs 100 pounds less than it does, with perfect torque and HP curves putting out about 300/300 to the wheels. Maybe with an optional supercharger for good measure.
Ever weighed an H22? Not that much over a B16. Maybe 50 lbs for the engine, and 25lbs for the tranny. The crank is probably the heaviest thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
90crxT said:
I was wondering, if you guys have heard anthing about a new CRX thats was supposed to come out? IDK, just wondering.

Dallas
I read an artical mentioning it in some magazine (don't remember wich one) pretty recently. They hyped it up as a CRX but then said that it was probley just gonna be a hatchback version of the Civic Si or Type R or something that would never even make it to the states. I know this is a little vauge but I imagine that is what you are wondering about.

Looked something like this :

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
ludesrv said:
Looks like a photoshopped Fit.
probley... thats not the picture that was in the magazine but the closest thing i could find that looked like it with a quick google search.

edit : I think the magazine was autoweek.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top