Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've called it quits on the civic. Way to many problems and hassles that I'd rather not fix. I'd rather buy a car I want to drive, not a car I have to drive.

I did my research and I got everything except recalls. I need a VIN and ownership to be able to get the recall list, but I don't have a candidate yet (Bart is helping me in my search). I read that the 90-91 CRX had 3 recalls, all for lighting. I have no clue tho and it was from an unreliable source. I'm asking my fellow rex friends to help me out and explain to me what was done, if any, recalls on the 90-91 CRX Si. I figured the DRL thing is the recall, but I'd like to know more.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No one has a listing? I've seen those red plates before. Always thought it was kinda ugly. I would keep them on until after all the inspections then remove them. I'm still jumping for joy. I got my dad to back me up on it and even spot me cash once it's in Canada. He said aslong as he doesn't pay the car, nor have to bring it here he would help me out so I'm very excited. I keep search the net but no really good info on recalls.

The ignition has been recalled on several hondas. CRV, Accords and Civics (non EF) are what I found. Would EF civic recalls qualify as CRX recalls or no?

What exactly was wrong with the seatbelts?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well looks like the recalls were actually just lights, replacement lights at that, not having the proper amber reflectors. I guess there is no real recall issue I need to worry about.

Does anyone know if the CRX ever came with child seat tetter (sp?)? In Canada they are mandatory in vehicles but I think the CRX will excluded as it's a 2 seater and it is illegal for a child seat to be in the front of a passenger vehicle other under a specific weight (I know for sure MR2 are excluded, so a CRX should follow suit).

Tomorrow I'm calling the borders and verifying the needed info and the price of a CRX non AC. Even if I buy it with AC I was going to remove the unit before crossing the border. I don't like the smell of AC air and it's and extra 100$ plus tax.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
ludesrv said:
Does anyone know if the CRX ever came with child seat tetter (sp?)? In Canada they are mandatory in vehicles but I think the CRX will excluded as it's a 2 seater and it is illegal for a child seat to be in the front of a passenger vehicle other under a specific weight (I know for sure MR2 are excluded, so a CRX should follow suit).
There was a child belt option. It bolted to the seatbelt bolts. I have one somewhere in my parts bin. Basically its just a really long lap belt.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Already read all of RIV, and 2-3 personal write ups of people having transported similar vehicles over the border. I'm feeling very comfortable so I'm starting to poke at the cars down south waiting for mine to show up. I budget isn't big, but I'm not aiming very high.

College and current payments can really add up and make it hard sometimes. I'm looking for:

1990-91 CRX Si only
Color, don't care.
Rust-free, Arizona car thing, only feature I REALLY care about.
Clean title.
Paint condition, don't care, not horribly peeling, but fading paint is not an issue.
100% stock, zero modification. Only drop in K&N is as much as I want.
Interior, ok shape, minimal scratches and no ripped to **** seats.
100% interior, no broken/missing pieces (visually)
Must run and be drivable to Canada, does not need to pass safety until it reach Canada

Can't be more then 1500$ for the car.

This is a very good example of a candidate. I've contacted the owner, no response:
link

So now everyone knows what I want. So if you see something and you can verify it's in good shape, let me know.

Bart told me he was going to ask his friend to check the local scene in Arizona for me. So I'm basically waiting and search for the prime car for my needs. I know you might think, 1500$, buy something local. $1500 local buys me a rusty ass car, and that's exactly what I'm trying to get rid of.

had to shorten that link... it was killing me! -downest

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Robb said:
save your money and buy a mint one..like this

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1926782
Wow you totally missed it eh.

MY civic, is dying, litterally. I have money saved but not much. I want a car that is rust free, and that I won't fell bad doing a swap, and putting on 300XXXkms onto. You, give me an overly expensive almost brand new car that I wouldn't feel right if I drove it.

Now, find me a car I, and incase anyone missed it, I can use.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Robb said:
Its still for sale.. guy wants over $10,000 USD ! :shock:
I know it is, if you noticed I'm the one that told him it's worth over 10 grand.

IT has 30000miles, it's 100% mint, not even dust inside the engine bay. The shot of the tranny is AMAZING. IT has all the goodies, cover, louvers, and much more. Easily one, if not the best, crx left in the world.

Honda themselves should be striving to buy that car for there collection lol.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Robb said:
Man what's wrong with you? You think I can afford a 11000$ car while paying over 11000$ a year to go to school when I only work part time because of school? Go smoke some more crack lol.

I set a budget of 1500$ and you are pulling cars from your hat that are almost 10 times more then I'm willing to spend lol. Maybe you don't understand, I'm, that's me, looking, that's what you do when you want something, for a car, it goes vroom vroom, that I, me again, can use, make me go vroom vroom. Haha.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
thats why I said save your money.... :rolleyes1:
at 20, I bought (financed) a $26,000 BMW M3.. Paid off in 1.5 years.. kept
it for 3 years and sold it for $24,500..
if you're smart with money, you can do anything...
but you need to work for it..

$10-$11,000 is doable.. just finance and pay monthy. build your credit NOW !

:)

And no Im not on crack.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Robb's brain must be denser than a neutron star. W...T...F !!

btw robb, I'd love to know what your job is to afford an M3 and talk about it like anyone can go get one as easy as a box of cereal or loaf of bread....

:lol:

-----------
ludesrv, my advice is if you don't have much to spend, and want a car right now, just find something local that runs well, then save and buy a cherry car later.

and your list says no rust, arizona-type car, but the one you posted says it has rust! so is it rust, or no-rust? :p

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
It is VERY hard to find a rust free CRX for under 2k...I know, Ive been looking for the past few days like crazy. I got lucky with my HF it seems, and it even has a small amount of rust. I think Im going to settle for something thats a little rusty, but can still get my behind across a couple of states.

:edit: Oh crap look at my post count! :shock: :twisted:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.