Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I want to clean up my engine harness and route it more under the dash behind the motor. I pulled it out and removed all the tape and rubber stuff from the entire thing. There is a rectangular 2-pin connector on the back side of the motor, I have no clue what it goes to. There is one on Marty's car as well, I can't figure it out. Can I remove this from the harness? Also there is a thick black wire with a cut end that doesn't go anywhere, in the small segment that goes toward the plugs under the dizzy and the reverse switch, any insights?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Well its not currently connected to anything so it is not going to make a difference if you take the plug off or not... . cut the plug and terminate the ends and then just tuck the wires into a loom.... mark the loom do you knwo where those 2 wires are at should you ever need them for anything and then save the plug in the misc honda parts drawer in your garage.. . .

Chris

no idea on the other thick black one.. .

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
The two pin plug looks to me like the connector for the fast idle solenoid valve. If you've gone OBD-1, it was replaced with the fast idle thermo-valve. The blk/yel wire has ignition switched power - trace it back to the nearest splice and cut it off... The blue wire runs back to the ECU. Pull it out all together or use it for some other function.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.