Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can this be done on an hf? i only got the clock because my friend is an idiot and broke the vents apart, but cant i just take the cover off? any help greatly appreciated. picture welcome.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I'm not even sure if the wiring is in behind there for the clock on an HF. The clock screws onto the back of the vent panel. So I assume that it would install the same way for your car. Does the HF have vents in the middle of the dash like the Si?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes the hf has the center vents. im pretty sure the wiring is there. but how do i get the vent part out? after that i can figure it out.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Ok...it's a little tricky to get them out. Do you have the broken one sitting in front of you? If so, you will notice that there are 2 little metal tabs on each side of the vent unit. These tabs/clips hold the vent unit onto the dash. You need to use something very thin to slide in beside the vent unit and push those tabs in a bit so that the vent unit will come out of the dash. I used a thin blade on my swiss army knife. You want something that is thin, smooth (so it doesn't scuff up the parts), and relatively strong for the job. Take your time, and DON'T force it. They break very easily.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I am betting that the wiring and the plug is there for the clock.... I have a clock of you need one... i think it would be more cost effective to just give everyone the plug then to build a special harness with no plug on it for the clock. . . . . .just my $0.02

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep it was there. i figured it was there. but get this: the block off plate has a spot for the plug to go into as a holding position for it. very good engineering. so i just unpluged that plugged in the clock and pushed it back in :) too bad i dont have a digi camera

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
That's pretty cool. I have a stereo blank cover plate, and it does the same thing with the radio harness plug. I'm glad it was just a simple job for you. If the wiring wasn't there, it could've been a bit of a nightmare.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts