Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend and i installed an intake on my crx(1990 HF/ZC) i just got it back from my mechanic, who resealed the engine, replaced the bushings, a whole bunch of crap... anyway, he "forgot" to put the intake on. so we did it. after installing the ceck engine light came on. it hadn't previously. we had plugged the ignition wires incorrectly and assumed that was the reason for the error. so i took off the hazard fuse to reset the ecu. it still comes on, so i checked the ecu. it gave me 13 blips. i checked and that's supposedly the BARO sensor. i looked up where that is, and i found that it's on the passenger side kick panel. i noticed under there that there is a blue plug just dangling, but we did not mess with that. any ideas?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
The baro sensor should be in that same general area. It's about the same size as the MAP sensor, is bolted to the body of the car and has a 3 wire connector. The baro sensor shares power and ground wires with the TPS, coolant and air temp sensors... Make sure one of them isn't somehow messed up.
I haven't heard of the baro sensor going bad before, so I would also check that the engine grounds (transmission and valve cover) are clean/tight as well as the thermostat ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.