Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I am trying to find a new intake system for my B16 I plan tore-do the whole thing from the filter, piping, throttle body, manifold and a port job. I am planning on a skunk2 70mm throttle body probably an AEM intake and K&N filter but I dont know what I am doing for the manifold any body have ideas??

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Full metal said:
ok so I am trying to find a new intake system for my B16 I plan tore-do the whole thing from the filter, piping, throttle body, manifold and a port job. I am planning on a skunk2 70mm throttle body probably an AEM intake and K&N filter but I dont know what I am doing for the manifold any body have ideas??
I think the SKUNK2 intake is simple and works great. The BLOX intake is EXACTLY the same and much less money. I would go for that. I have seen both side by side and I cannot tell the differnece.

I got my throttle body bored out instead of getting the SKUNK2. It looks very cool.
If your interested I could dig up who did it for me. Was a lot less than the 70mm SKUNK2.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
I don't think ITBs are going to cost you a lot more. A guy on Honda Tech did it for under $200: http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1498996. I think it's a cool mod and it's a little different than everyone else is runnning, I'd like to do this with my A6 some day. I have a friend with them on his AE86 and I like it a lot, it screams at redline.

·
Registered
179 Posts
ITBs aren't worth it if you want your car to be streetable or you dont want to spend hrs and hrs and hrs on a dyno tuning it so it is streetable. Everyone I've ever known that had ITBs has sold them and got a regular manifold after getting annoyed with it. The list includes

Adam Jabbay who built the ZC itbs( i'm sure someone saw them a few yrs ago) they sit around and he is boosted now.

Luke from ef-honda didnt even install his on the ITR civic sleeper he just turned around and resold them :p

I wanna say Peter used to have ITBs before I knew him but I can't be sure.

It's really not worth it unless you can build everything yourself, tune it yourself, like loud noises, enjoy tuning for days on end and intend to tune it for days on end and then drive it on a track and still loses to boosted cars :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all good points and most the reasons that I dont want ITBs I can make them my self and I am going to automotive school for machine work so I can do all of the tuning and building and instal in class for a grade but I dont think thats what I want to do at the moment thanks for the help guys!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
How is the the power plus typhoon intake manifold along with an aem fuel rail, aem fuel pressure regulator, bbk 70mm throttle body and an aem cai? i picked up the intake mani. really cheap but i havent heard anything about them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.