Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding the cylinder head for my 91 si. Does anyone have any experience with the OBX intake manifolds is it worth it versus the more expensive skunk2 one and how hard will it be to install if i am already doing the cylinder head. any help or info is appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,516 Posts
I have heard conflicting stories on OBX intakes..If anyone has one mounted please chime in.
IMO I'd run the SK2 intake.Yes a bit more money,but I like it better,and its worth the extra mulah.

G

·
does anyone have there skunk2 intake mani hit the firewall? I have a d16z6 with a skunk2 mani and it touches the firewall. I banged the firewall in some today so it wouldn't vibrate and make this annoying noise while driving.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I installed a Skunk2 manifold on my d16a6 and i didn't notice power gain with just the intake, if you want to really see the results you need cams, adj. timing gears, adj. fuel press. regulator, and a larger t-body, the low end is nice though, the longer runners help it and the larger pelnum. mine did hit the firewall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.