Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was watching Tokyo Drift, and saw all the cars had those aluminum door covers. It really looks cool. Is that super hard to fabricate?
BTW the driving in that movie was unreal!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Are you talking about like a sheetmetal door panel? If so, tons of drag/track cars have them -- I wouldn't think they would be at all hard to make (using the existing door panel as a template, cut sheetmetal to size and cut out holes as needed for latch/window crank/etc.).

The stock door panels are much better looking, have a place to rest your elbow, have a place to mount speakers and conceal them, have a way to pull the door closed from the inside, and lots of other stuff...things that a sheetmetal panel doesn't really have. Unless I had a 100% full-race interior, I wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
you can drift in an AWD car... you just need to adjust the power bias to the rear. Or, you can do what I'm sure they did in the movie: remove the front axles. IIRC they did that with the Skylines in the last one.

·
Registered
734 Posts
In the new SCC Ultimate Street Car challenge they mention pulling a fuse to kill power to the front wheels on an Evo or Skyline for the burnout (gross display of horsepower, or whatever they call it) part of the competition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.