Honda CRX Forum banner

Interior Pieces Color

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  88crxhfb18 
#1 ·
im look for the interior pieces meaning full interior and roof to be black... right now i have the stock blue in great condition but i wanna change to black... would it look bad if i painted them down? black wit some clear coat? would it be smarter to just buy the pieces black? cheap route or buy interior.... wat would u do?

#2 ·
Well personally I would do it myself, painting it and all, its cheaper in the long run rather than buying the pieces! Plus thats pretty much the only thing I can do with my car as I am almost mechanically stupid!.... I Painted the interior of my 86 myself, and I think it came out pretty good! Thats just my opinion, but buying the pieces black too would work if thats what you're looking for!

#4 ·
Gophat said:
i rather paint but will it peel and look nasty? protective spray or something to put over the paint job?
I have a three part paint thing that I mix after I put the colour on.... plus it shouldnt peel if you buy the right paint! If you want it shiny, you just buy a clear coat of "Plastic Paint"... but just go to a local paint shop and thell them your painting your dash and they'll mix the colour for you in the right paint!.... I suggest to do a test piece first just to make sure you got the right paint.... my first shot at it screwed up and didnt work, but I only painted my choke knob (manual choke)! so its not too too noticeable!

#6 ·
im in the process of dyeing mine black. i went through the trouble of painting my cavalier's interior and it chipped at looked like crap, but here are some pics

that was back when i just wanted attention :D (don't worry i've grown out of it) but not before i got lambos on the cav :D

the crx interior will be just black :D

#9 ·
I painted my interior this way:

Remove all interior pieces you wish to paint
clean with warm soapy water, rinse and dry
sand with 200 grit paper to ruff up the plastic
clean again with paint thinner or acetone
spray with "Bulldog adhesion promoter" 2 coats, let dry overnight
spray with "Krylong fusion" 3 coats

so far, no chips, heres a door panel I just did , dash, and the car its going into:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.