Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
The wiring details need a pro to look it over, not a custom shop but someone who has experience specifically with Honda OBD-0 and OBD-1 wiring and ECUs. maybe someone here on the forum can assist if they are local. Without sharing specifics what general area are you located in? I think getting eyes on it or even a facetime call would go a long way.

·
Registered
285 Posts
On the ECU, if you can take photos of your existing ECU (the logo and sticker/label) and also all wiring coming out of it, as well as the wiring from the distributor (red below) to the coil on plugs (COP, green below) we can steer you in the right direction. COP is not available without a daughter circuit board being installed in the ECU typically, so you cannot just swap to another ECU unless that ECU also has a COP daughter board modification.
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive air manifold Automotive design Auto part

Dana (YoungStatic) on Youtube has a good video explaining COP install here:

If I were in your shoes, I would convert back from COP to stock distributor, spark plug wires, and standard spark plugs. Maybe I'm old school but that's my personal preference.

Reactions: xsKimi

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ouch, that ECU wiring looks rough!

You need to decide, do you want to stick with COP or do you want to go back to OEM style distributor + spark plug wires?

As stated originally, I think a pro that is experienced in Honda OBD conversions is needed.

You have an 88-91 car which is OBD-0.
You have an engine which is OBD-1 (92-95).

You have to convert from OBD-0 to OBD-1 to run your engine (which is that red wiring plug adapter you have).

Here are some pinouts that may help clean up the wiring. Wish I was local, I could help out. I'm sure someone near you has the needed experience.

Here is a "how to" showing a fresh install. You are unfortunately working with someone else's botched work which adds some complexity.

OBD-0

OBD-1

·
Registered
285 Posts
Your front suspension may be from the install of a front traction bar or the front radius rods. If you have a picture of this it would be easy to see what is going on.

Glad to hear you found a shop locally! Some minor efforts now and you'll have a great driver on your hands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.