Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard several members talk about use a breaker bar for those particularly stubborn nuts. I got this offer from Harbor Freight for a Pittsburgh 1/2" by 25" breaker bar for $7.99 (with an email coupon).

Any good? Need a bigger drive or longer bar?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
shizz man that's cheap. GO for it. if you need even more leverage, go slap a pipe around the end of it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
ComposiMo said:
I would say that for $8, if it DOES break, well.... it was worth $8 for the shot that it might not break.... i guess.

:lol:
LOL, just buy em two at a time. :D

But seriously, I have the exact same bar, and its handled plenty of axle and pulley nuts.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I've actually found some pretty sturdy tools at harbor freight. But for some reason i bought mine from sears. anyway, for that price i'd go for it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Breaker bar with a pipe on the end works well, but on a honda, I would be careful about tearing things up. I reccommend applying slow and steady pressure as opposed to gorilla strength. The bolts on these critters are nice and solid, but a friend of mine has torn up the threads on 2 of his motor / tranny mount ups when he wasn't being careful.

If you happen the break that breaker bar, get a 3/4" T bar breaker bar. I bought one for a really stubborn, rusted, locked up Jaguar V12. Worked wonders. Good for frame bolts too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.