Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you have the missing piece you could try some kind of good epoxy. i've had good luck with jb-weld on the tank of my radiator. The overflow connection is not under pressure, which will help. It does need to hold vacuum for the coolant to get sucked back into the radiator when the system cools off after you park it. If you can find a piece of metal tube that will go in the overflow connection that may work as well. I'd try sealing it in place with RTV, then connect the rubber overflow tube to that.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
'9445 said:
If you have the missing piece you could try some kind of good epoxy. i've had good luck with jb-weld on the tank of my radiator. The overflow connection is not under pressure, which will help. It does need to hold vacuum for the coolant to get sucked back into the radiator when the system cools off after you park it. If you can find a piece of metal tube that will go in the overflow connection that may work as well. I'd try sealing it in place with RTV, then connect the rubber overflow tube to that.
so i cant just replace that part from another radiator?cause i have another crx and its a 1991 honda crx dx

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Go to a local hardware store, and get a thin metal or aluminum tube that would slide over the part that has broken off.
Put some JBweld on the left-over bit, cut the tube to size (half an inch) slide it on and let it cure.

Lube it up, and with boiling water, heat up the hose to the overflow tank. Wiggle it over the tube, and pour cold water over it.

Done.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SETI20 said:
Go to a local hardware store, and get a thin metal or aluminum tube that would slide over the part that has broken off.
Put some JBweld on the left-over bit, cut the tube to size (half an inch) slide it on and let it cure.

Lube it up, and with boiling water, heat up the hose to the overflow tank. Wiggle it over the tube, and pour cold water over it.

Done.
alright thanks man.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.