Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put in a new dizzy and it started right up. Changing the oil now after a little drive and waiting for it to cool so I can retorque the head and adjust the lash again.
I'm so excited!
It's a lot quieter than the A6, now that the timing is right, and it definitely feels a bit more powerful.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My friends have a pool going for betting who can guess when this one blows up :roll:

Anyway yeah it's nice but I have to wait for it to cool down now so I can do the valves... I'm cleaning it, finishing the valve cover, etc... so antsy!

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got antsy after I changed the oil and drove around a little bit. The thing pulls really hard, it's quiter than the A6, and it's damn smooth. Right as I was pulling onto my block, after about 10 minutes of running it not too hard, the CEL came on. I parked and turned it off, jumped the SCS, and when i started it back up there weren't any codes. Haven't been able to get codes again ether. Anyway, I have to finish eating dinner and I'm going to retorque the head and adjust the lash. Tomorrow I'm taking it to NH... full to the hatch with stuff.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Glad to see that you got it working, finally. Gives me hope for when I do mine at the end of the summer. So what distributor did you replace the y7 one with? i've got a TD-41U off a 92-95 obd1 dx for mine.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the CEL was for my speed sensor, which makes sense now that I realise the speedo isn't working. Shows how much I look down at that. Anyway, I can't get the damn speedo working!
I didn't realize I wasn't getting any VTEC, it felt pretty good, with an occasional stutter at low RPM and high throttle, maybe it's just been a little TOO long driving the HF around ;)
Thanks guys, it's great to have it done. Jmart I'm sure you will see it sometime, since you are somewhat local. I wouldn't mind making a little trip down there, it's about 40-50 minutes from where I live in NH.
I got the dizzy from NAPA for the Y8 (1998 Civic EX). I got it from NAPA because they had it in stock, I get a decent discount, and I've never had a bad part from them. Still, it's a reman, I think Distributor King will hook you up with a new unit.

·
Registered
778 Posts
So you have VTEC working now? It'll pull past 7K if it's working. When my VTEC wasn't kicking in it felt sorta dead after 6K, all noise but no pull.

I took mine out Sunday for a spin. Man it's fun! I end up going 60~70 in the twisties without even knowing it. Feels like 40 and then I look down at the speedo. I have to watch myself, going 80 is too easy now.

Congrats on finally getting it running! When are you engaging your VTEC?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Remember when trying to help you figure out your problem I mentioned that mixing and matchng dizzy's, cams, injectors, sprockets, etc might be part of the problem? Well, wadayano right? Anyway, good to hear it's finally resolved. Get that vss fixed and you will absolutely love your car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.