Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...like 4-5 months!! my cpu crashed. and i didn't get it fixed until today.

so where to start...

while my crx is disabled right now. i went to put it into reverse. and i heard BANG! SNAP! CLUNK! and she wouldn't budge. i have no gears. there all like i'm in nuetral. so i push her down my driveway abit. and i notice a big oil spill. and it was right where my tranny was. this happen'd like 4 months ago. and i haven't looked at it at ALL!!! i just haven't had the time or the will to look into the problem. plus my B18c has been sitting in my garage for a year now. which is depressing!! :cry:

well for some good news...

i traded my '87 suzuki GSXR 1100 plus some cash for a '84 S-10 extend'd cab short bed with a 350 in her!!! :twisted: all that she needs is a paint job. which i have lined up once i have some extra cash. the truck weighs like 2700 lbs and has 290 HP. it came with another 350 engine. which i plan to build a 383 stroker out of her. i'm looking to get 450-500 HP!! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
So are you abandoning the CRX or what? Need someone to take it off your hands for you? :twisted: Welcome back!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crxfisher said:
So are you abandoning the CRX or what? Need someone to take it off your hands for you? :twisted: Welcome back!
nah i'm not abandoning her. just taking some time from her. for the past 5 years every single winter i've been either doing a B-series swap, taking out my engine to fix something, etc... and once again i have to do it again!!

i plan on dropping some money into my B18c. and dropping it back into my crx this winter/spring.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
your oil leak and all neutrals are the reslt of an axle popping out of the tranny...... id bet on it. . .

v-8 s18's are fun... I built 2 of them an 83 and a 96

have fun with it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
hopefully its an axles that poped out.. but it could be a diff pin that snapped and shot the differental gear out the case.

nice to see ya back.

scarponze

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it does feel good to be back. all of the sudden i have the ambition(sp?) to get my crx fixed. or atleast work on her.

if it is just a simple problem thats cool. but if the tranny is shot. no big deal i have another B-series tranny in my shed. :D

hey toxiclows i didn't know chevy made a S-18!?! :p :wink:
but i do like to call mine a S-350 vs S-10!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
KAOS said:
well for some good news...

i traded my '87 suzuki GSXR 1100 plus some cash for a '84 S-10 extend'd cab short bed with a 350 in her!!! :twisted: all that she needs is a paint job. which i have lined up once i have some extra cash. the truck weighs like 2700 lbs and has 290 HP. it came with another 350 engine. which i plan to build a 383 stroker out of her. i'm looking to get 450-500 HP!! :twisted:
You call that good news? You smoking crack?

You traded a fine japanese superbike (plus some cash) for an even older chevy truck? :?
i don't think smoking crack was on my menu at the time!!! :p

my bike was in need of an overhaul big time. it needed a headgasket, cam chain, new valves and the list goes on.

so yes i do think that is good news!! :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so i went to push the crx into the garage last night. and it is very hard to move the shifter, while it is in neutral i can barely put it into gear.

so i must have a bigger problem then i think or hope for!!??!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts