Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well this isnt my car its my girlfriends car, but im using it while im rebuilding my rx7. Anyways the car is getting harder and harder to start in this freezing chicago cold. today i had to let it sit in the sun for half the day before it would finally start. It turns but it doesnt want to turn over. and it will sputter just a little tease making me think its going to kick over but it doesnt. here is some background on the car 91 si d16 motor, she has not changed the spark plugs the fuel filter or any other basic maintenance parts on it since she got it from her brother. Also her brother put a distributor on the car that is not for the d16, not sure what it belongs to. I went out and bought spark plugs and wires today (i know the wires wont do much but she was paying so what the hell?) any ideas that i might be overlooking on this one?? I appreciate the help.

· Registered
779 Posts
What you are experiencing are common freezing cold problems. Batteries even tho may hold 12 volts have a hard time giving an output. They do freeze you know. Cold fluids don't help either. My car aswell is hard to start in the morning. Infact today I was doubtful it would even start. I have an almost brand new redtop battery too and the alternator is less then 2 months old. Your best bet to make sure it starts every morning is to get a block heater ;) .

· Registered
953 Posts
Changing the oil to a lighter wieght will help aswell. I always put in a lighter oil for the winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.