1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whew, thats a huge sigh of relief

thanks guys

the price for the car was right, but im unsure of the motor

the previous owner said the guy he got it from blew the motor in '01, and started to rebuild it. said he replaced a bunch of the internals, but wasn't sure exactly what was replaced or not. and thats when he got it.

is it worth getting the motor checked out, or would I be better off getting a different motor for it ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im not sure, its not in the car at the moment

im not sure if it has everything with it or not, he gave me alot of extra parts too (intakes, valve covers, etc.) that were all in seperate boxes

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yes welcome to the club! I bought my car in pieces to and along the way found like 50 things that where done half ass. So needless to say I have had my "new" car for 2 months and never driven it once! (Well I have like moved it from one parking spot to the next but that's about it...) However the clouds are slowly parting and I think I can see light ahead.

·
Registered
276 Posts
!damage! said:
i'd say I did pretty well in the deal

an '89 SI for $0.00

:)

sure it needs a motor (or the one with it to be finished), and a few small things, but I can't complain
Hey hey. Problems or no problems, sounds like a good deal to me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the interior looks excellent, missing part of the back flap to hide the cargo area and a few other small things, barely any rust, a couple of dings in the front fenders, one small spot on the sunroof, god I love this car

now if only the damn thing would be able to be driven......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.