Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well, I just finished putting together my GSR motor, its all running good. I now have an opportunity to score a JR Supercharger for a steal (like sub 500 dollars). Its on a car now and functioning, what should I do to inspect this part? Im not going to use like any of the JR engine management stuff, Id just toss in my spare DSM 450's and tune it with crome.

does anyone know if they offer rebuild services on this part?

any other ideas or comments?

·
Registered
10,926 Posts
i also have a JRSC. You can open it up and inspect the rotors to see if the coating is flaking off. Aslo check to see if there is play in the front shaft. magnusson(sp?) does all the JRSC rebuilding. There are some others out there. Theres always endyn if you want to port it or rebuild. I have also been on some Tbird sites that will port and modify the JRSC. i also am running the 450 inj but I am running Turboedit.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have a b series as well? I think it will move pretty good. im obd1 so crome is good for me. the 450s should be plenty good i hope.

do you have any idea what it would cost to rebuild that ****?

[email protected]

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
eeeeewwwww... superchargers... :(

lol.. j/k. Its just that every one i have known around here who has had a supercharger has traded it out at another point for a turbo, and been completely happy with the trade up.

If it were me, i'd take the smokin deal on it, and then clean it up really good, and put it up for sale again... make a quick few bucks on it, and use that money to buy a turbo or something.. hehe!

8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.