Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was up guys i have the JDM center Console for my Rexy but one problem it has its typical wear and tear on it its starting to rip on the corner and i was wondering if anyone knows were i can get a replacement top or if there is some type of mod that some one knows to fix this problem.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Go to joanns fabrics or someplace like that, get similar material (or leather or whatever), and recover?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
yeah just recover it. . . .and it will be as good as new. . . . . . you could even cut up an old rex seat. . . .and at least have all genuine honda material on it. . . . or at least match your seats. . .. . .or an upolstry shop could cover this for you . .. . should not be too much as small as it is.

Chris

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Figure out how to remove the top padded arm rest part from the rest of the console. Remove the piece of fabric that is currently covering the padded part (its probably held on by staples or tacks or sewn or something). Go to a fabric store (Joann's, Michael's, Walmart has some too) and pick out a fabric type that is similar to the old type, or similar to your seats, or whatever you like (leopard print perhaps ;) ). Get a piece that is as big or bigger than the old piece of fabric. Cut to size using the old one as a template. Use a staple gun with short staples, or mimis how the old fabric was held on, to reattach the new fabric. Voiala!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok ill try all of the stores that were mentioned, and the padded area is a little worn out i could just use the foam squares that are about 12" x 12" that they sell at michalls to padded it up.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Maybe I have the wrong idea of what the padded area looks like. Can you take some digital pics of the top, sides and bottom up close and post them up? Then we can help you more precisely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.