Honda CRX Forum banner

JDM Cluster

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Baker 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#3 ·
I think the best solution is the UKDM VT cluster. It offers a tach that goes to 9500 with an indicated redline at 8000. It also has the 155 MPH speedo.

You can see a close-up of mine here and you can buy one here.

It will require some rewiring and a 90-91 cluster cover to fit in your 89 though. No soldering, you can just de-pin and rearrange the wires in the clips.

#10 ·
Most of the 90-91 civics I have seen had a 1 peice cover that was part of the dash. I HATE those... Some of the 89s do have the round cover.
Your best bet is here or ebay.

#11 ·
89 crxs do not have a round cover, only 90-91s. Every 90-91 CRX has teh same round cover. If it is different someone swapped it. The hatch cover is not interchangeable at all as far as I know.

-M@

#12 ·
mattminerDOTcom said:
The hatch cover is not interchangeable at all as far as I know.
No, the 90-91 Civic hatch cluster cover and the 90-91 Crx Cluster cover is the same thing, they will interchange, i have done it a few times.
The Civic sedan cluster covers are completely different and will not fit the Civic hatch or Crx.

90-91 Civic hatch & Crx Cluster cover

This is more round, wider than the 88-89 Civic hatch and Crx cluster covers.

#14 ·
I was talking about the 4dr civics, which all seem to have a one peice cover thing going on... I have seen 1 89 4dr with the round, but I guess that wasnt original...

Also what about an EK, EX or Si cluster? Same basic setup with the electric VSS as the UKDM VT cluster, except you have to get the plugs for it from an EK. Still needs the round cover though...

#15 ·
Angry said:
EK, EX or Si cluster?
The Civic EX cluster doesn't have a 9k tach, though on that same line of thought, the '94+ Integra clusters are also nice. I'll be installing this one as soon as I get a replacement lens:

The above is from a '94 LS. I'm mostly after the through-gauge lit needles. I converted my stock cluster over to red LED backlighting, but it looks kinda pink because the needle lighting spills onto the gauge faces. :evil:
Anyway, the GSR clusters look identical with the exception of an extra thousand RPM (9.5k, redline@8k) on the tach and no A/T lights (or did they make A/T GSRs?).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.