Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
if your not in to it just for the jdm effect i found a guy who sells fiberglass repros of these that give the same effect at about half the price if not a little less

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'll stick with good speakers in the front, cheaper, halfway-decent speakers in the back, with the sound faded way forward as it should be, and a sub in a box in the hatch for real bass.

·
Registered
79 Posts
jfrolang said:
ryan_long_01 said:
I'll stick with good speakers in the front, cheaper, halfway-decent speakers in the back, with the sound faded way forward as it should be, and a sub in a box in the hatch for real bass.
Precisely my philosophy.
My philosophy is close...

6.5" component set up front, tweeters next to/above the window vents, 6.5" 2/3-ways in the rear, foam baffles behind all (especially the doors!), and a sealed 8" or 10" sub in the hatch.

Use a deck with subwoofer volume control/mute, and a built-in crossover for the highs, you'll get great sound w/o all the fuss.

·
Registered
231 Posts
auTONYmous said:
jfrolang said:
ryan_long_01 said:
Precisely my philosophy.
My philosophy is close...

6.5" component set up front, tweeters next to/above the window vents, 6.5" 2/3-ways in the rear, foam baffles behind all (especially the doors!), and a sealed 8" or 10" sub in the hatch.

Use a deck with subwoofer volume control/mute, and a built-in crossover for the highs, you'll get great sound w/o all the fuss.
i got 2 15"s 8)

·
Administrator
16,557 Posts
I've never understood the need for huge subwoofers, or any more than 2 of them. My setup now is one 8-inch bandpass, powered by a modest amp. It's more than sufficient for low-frequency audio, and it doesn't drown out the rest of the music or cause earthquakes in nearby vehicles. It's all about balance.

The exception is SPL competition, but at this point those are just seeing who can go deaf first.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.