Honda CRX Forum banner

JDM HONDA CRX CR-X EF BASS TUBE SPEAKER OEM FACTORY

5K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  azulito 
#1 ·
See less See more
#3 ·
if your not in to it just for the jdm effect i found a guy who sells fiberglass repros of these that give the same effect at about half the price if not a little less

#12 ·
jfrolang said:
ryan_long_01 said:
I'll stick with good speakers in the front, cheaper, halfway-decent speakers in the back, with the sound faded way forward as it should be, and a sub in a box in the hatch for real bass.
Precisely my philosophy.
My philosophy is close...

6.5" component set up front, tweeters next to/above the window vents, 6.5" 2/3-ways in the rear, foam baffles behind all (especially the doors!), and a sealed 8" or 10" sub in the hatch.

Use a deck with subwoofer volume control/mute, and a built-in crossover for the highs, you'll get great sound w/o all the fuss.

#18 ·
auTONYmous said:
jfrolang said:
ryan_long_01 said:
I'll stick with good speakers in the front, cheaper, halfway-decent speakers in the back, with the sound faded way forward as it should be, and a sub in a box in the hatch for real bass.
Precisely my philosophy.
My philosophy is close...

6.5" component set up front, tweeters next to/above the window vents, 6.5" 2/3-ways in the rear, foam baffles behind all (especially the doors!), and a sealed 8" or 10" sub in the hatch.

Use a deck with subwoofer volume control/mute, and a built-in crossover for the highs, you'll get great sound w/o all the fuss.
i got 2 15"s 8)

#20 ·
I've never understood the need for huge subwoofers, or any more than 2 of them. My setup now is one 8-inch bandpass, powered by a modest amp. It's more than sufficient for low-frequency audio, and it doesn't drown out the rest of the music or cause earthquakes in nearby vehicles. It's all about balance.

The exception is SPL competition, but at this point those are just seeing who can go deaf first.

#22 ·
jfrolang said:
SETI20 said:
There are also fiberglass ones for sale ALOT cheaper than that.
Where might they be found?
Search HT or CR-X Central and you will find a couple dudes making these pretty cheap.

It's a nice way to get a little better bass if you don't want any subs in your uber clean trunk/hatch space.

#23 ·
I've had a set of those fiberglass ones in my hands... actually, i have a set here... they look lke crap, so they had better sound good when done.

These days though, speaker technology has come a long way, and you likely don't need them with the right speakers. You could use the $150 or whatever you're going to spend on the fiberglass ones, and have a pair of VERY nice speakers that would still work great for not much more (or less).

#24 ·
ComposiMo said:
I've had a set of those fiberglass ones in my hands... actually, i have a set here... they look lke [crud], so they had better sound good when done.

These days though, speaker technology has come a long way, and you likely don't need them with the right speakers. You could use the $150 or whatever you're going to spend on the fiberglass ones, and have a pair of VERY nice speakers that would still work great for not much more (or less).
That's true. Spend a little extra and possibly fill in the area with sound deadening and you will be better off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.