Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm new to it all. I just bought my ssecond CRX its an 89 si. I'd like to start adding/swapping JDM parts and am currently bidding on a center piece to the rear lights that read CR-X VTECH and I would really like to know how the authenticity of it can be proved?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Doc Huckleberry said:
So I'm new to it all. I just bought my ssecond CRX its an 89 si. I'd like to start adding/swapping JDM parts and am currently bidding on a center piece to the rear lights that read CR-X VTECH and I would really like to know how the authenticity of it can be proved?
I can tell you with 100% accuracy that if it says "VTECH", it's not authentic.

·
Registered
734 Posts
jfrolang said:
An authentic JDM center piece will say 'CR-X VTEC'

no H. :wink:
Isn't the CRX lettering raised on that taillight section? If that's true, that's the dead giveaway that it's not just a USDM piece with a decal slapped on it...

·
Registered
20,274 Posts
ryan_long_01 said:
the CRX lettering raised on that taillight section? If that's true, that's the dead giveaway that it's not just a USDM piece with a decal slapped on it...
SETI20 said:
JDM center section has a red foglight on the right side where USDM has 2 reverse lights.
EDM centers have the same fog on the left hand side.
Yes to both.
Unless you are going to hook the foglights up, or going for a picky JDM shopw car, i would just save the money and use your US center piece and purchase the "CR-X" decals from a reputable decal maker! :lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the information and oops it does have vtec spelled correctly that was my error in typing, but is this JDM or USDM? [/imghttp://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Doc_Huckleberry/vtechmiddleinQuestion.jpg]

·
Registered
734 Posts
Look at the picture I posted and the one he posted...the CR-X, which is molded into the taillight on the real deal so it can't be applied off-center,is definitely off. Look at the recess where your hand goes for opening the hatch, and how it aligns to the X...they are totally different. Bad design and vinyl-cutting work too. The CR-X logo has also been stretched horizontally -- the letters and the dash/hyphen are obviously stretched wider than the one in my pic. The R is also different, there's a sharp corner where it should be rounded off. VTEC is also stretched out, and doesn't line up right with CR-X. The whole shebang is applied too low on the taillight and off-center.

Judging by this small pic, I'd say this is definitely a USDM tail with a sticker.

·
Registered
734 Posts
jmart said:
downest said:
Tom, i did notice you have the
CR-X
VTEC
decal on your taillight. IS it a sticker? I looked at the stickershop website but didn't see any for the taillight. Did you get it from him?
I have one without the dash "CRX VTEC" that I got from stickershop's site.

·
Registered
20,274 Posts
jmart said:
downest said:
I looked at the stickershop website but didn't see any for the taillight. Did you get it from him?
I just checked it out too and i don't see the "CRX" or any other Crx tail light stickers there anymore either.
Those Crx tail light stickers were there last week when i put an order in for some other stickers/
Damn, i was gonna order some of those too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.