Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 691 Posts

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i decided to do a build thread.Its gonna be slow and painful because of money haha.Ill post pictures of my car as soon as i can.And also will post pics of things ill be doing to my crx small or big.I wont be doing any swaps or turbo stuff for a while haha mosly just small things.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love to turbo my d16a6 someday.Many people swap engines, but i want my stock engine with a turbo and laugh at ppl that got engine swaps haha.I want it to look stockish from the outside.I used to be into rice, but then i learned about that and now i love how they look stock,plus the community helped a lot too.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
JDMCrx91 said:
I would love to turbo my d16a6 someday.Many people swap engines, but i want my stock engine with a turbo and laugh at ppl that got engine swaps haha.I want it to look stockish from the outside.I used to be into rice, but then i learned about that and now i love how they look stock,plus the community helped a lot too.
Nice, next year ill do a write up on how to turbo your car for under $100 and make it last 8)

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HAHAH dude that would be awesome!!! i wouldnt mind spending more than 100 just to make sure it will last hahaha.Im not an expert on turbos all i know is i want one lol.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
JDMCrx91 said:
HAHAH dude that would be awesome!!! i wouldnt mind spending more than 100 just to make sure it will last hahaha.Im not an expert on turbos all i know is i want one lol.
Lol well it helps when you have tons of stuff laying around and friends with as much junk as you :lol:

·
Registered
205 Posts
i want a small turbo on my A6 too, i have to rebuild mine first :( i dont think is in the best condition for a turbo lol i have a small budget so my plans for my 1990crxsi will all come slow :(

am trying to stay away from ricy looks too lol stil learning

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Baker said:
JDMCrx91 said:
I would love to turbo my d16a6 someday.
How about some paint, is that coming soon and why is it that color.
Is that paint or primer grey?
The turbo is still just a dream.The paint will come soon, i had to use my paint job money to get 2 new axles so paint has to wait a bit.Plus i need to find a better 90 91 bumper and a rear support since mine is rusted to hell.I bought the car like that all primer gray.Damn previous owner.Im gonna paint it back to the original color which is red.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
JDMCrx91 said:
Baker said:
JDMCrx91 said:
I would love to turbo my d16a6 someday.
How about some paint, is that coming soon and why is it that color.
Is that paint or primer grey?
The turbo is still just a dream.The paint will come soon, i had to use my paint job money to get 2 new axles so paint has to wait a bit.Plus i need to find a better 90 91 bumper and a rear support since mine is rusted to hell.I bought the car like that all primer gray.Damn previous owner.Im gonna paint it back to the original color which is red.
Are you going to do it your self?

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wont be doing the a paint,im paying to get it done.
Well today i took some pictures of some parts that will be going on my crx soon.

Here is my Skunk2 pro manifold for my A6.Im just waiting to get the TB gasket to pretty much install it and some time also.

Here is my brand new rear mud guards.Im going to install them when i get my paint job hopefully soon.

Here is how my rear seats look.I still need to get my brackets welded before i can install my rear panels.But i cant weld,so ill be going to a shop soon and see of they can weld them for me.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
crxvtec91 said:
Like the back seat, how much did you pay for it?
Paid 310 shipped from a member from here.

Well im relocating my stereo to the glove box.Here is a picture of what i have done so far.Im not sure if i should just paint the piece of wood black OR wrap with leather.I still need to cut the hole for the stereo.Then paint it or put some leather on it.Then im thinking of using JB Weld on the corners to hold it on place.I wont be finishing this soon because of work.Ill try and finish it by the biggining of the year if not sooner.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well since i couldnt sleep i decided to continue working on my glove box.So i cut the hole for the stereo and fits great.Now i have to cut a hole on my glove box so the stereo goes all the way in.By the way thats not my actual stereo,i think it doesnt even works lol thats why im using that.Here are some more pics of the progress. Some parts looks crocked but i'm still not done, i need to sand it and do some other small details.

1 - 20 of 691 Posts