Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shock:
Suhweet!
I was walking through the local Meijer store tonight and BLAMMO,there hung a matchbox size crx made by the Johnny Lightning company on the shelf.
The wife was less than enthuiastic but she agreed it was a good find and now I own one.
If anyone hasnt seen it yet they should be available at your local Wal-Mart or whatever is your local store.
I just hadta share! :D

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Man, me too! I had a similar experience. My wife dragged me to some big craft store, so I looked in the toy dept. There it was. A silver one. And my wife had the exact same response. But I convinced her, and now it's mine. And as much as I wanted to leave it in the package for a collector's item, I couldn't stand it. I took it out and played with it like a little kid. :p

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
crxfisher said:
Man, me too! I had a similar experience. My wife dragged me to some big craft store, so I looked in the toy dept. There it was. A silver one. And my wife had the exact same response. But I convinced her, and now it's mine. And as much as I wanted to leave it in the package for a collector's item, I couldn't stand it. I took it out and played with it like a little kid. :p
Haha mines still in the box,but I'm itching to bust it out!
lol Im such a kid.

G

·
What scale?

Diecast or plastic?

pics?

More details please?
I'd go look myself, but hte closest Wal-Mart / Craft store is like 40 minutes from me. lol

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Damn! I wonder if these have made it to Canada yet. I have a big collection of CRX toys and minichamps. :p

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sinful said:
What scale?

Diecast or plastic?

pics?

More details please?
I'd go look myself, but hte closest Wal-Mart / Craft store is like 40 minutes from me. lol
Well it looks like the same scale that a hot wheels,or matchbox car is.
details...hmm..red and black packaging.Mine says 89 honda crx custom.
Its gold and comes with a baseball sized card to match.:)
Oh and its #26 in the collection of "street freaks".
hope that helps

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sinful said:
What scale?

Diecast or plastic?

pics?

More details please?
Yeah, they're about 1:43 like your average matchbox car, metal bodies, plastic wheels, most of them have metal undersides, but a few of the more rare "white lightening" ones have plastic undersides. I myself have 5 different colors, not counting the doubles that I bought so I could open one and leave one in the package! :wink:

just do a quick search on eBay, or even on the web, for Johnny Lightning CRX.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Now heres the hotness, big lots 99 cent special. It came with a launch pad too.

collectors item baby!! i should put it on ebay and put rare in it and make a fortune.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ive accually got 2 of the silver ones from johnny lightening (one to play with and one to keep in the package). But i also got one of the Modifiers version of the cr-x and 3 of the bigger version of the ones from hot hweels crx's...

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I have all 7 of the Minichamps CR-X's. Took me *forever* to obtain the older ones in the series.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Modifiers makes a crx?
Hmm where to find? maybe Meijer or wal-mart?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Found at Walmart tonight:
1 unicorn,
1 polished turd.

·
Registered
20,117 Posts
The white one is nice, and seems to be the tougher of the two to find.
But, I shelled out $20 each for mine on eBay, only because I didn't want to go through the hassle and time to track them down. Also, if the prices went up on these in the secondary market and I ended up NEVER seeing them at retail, I'd be SOL too.

That matchbox Civic IS a real turd.
I literally hate everything about it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
only 2,500?
dang.
does anyone know if these are only going to be available at walmart?(besides online)
I have four Walmarts near me; I know now what I'll be doing on my day off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts