Honda CRX Forum banner

Jonny Blacks car is back at it again! (LOTS of pics!)

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  jfrolang 
#1 ·
Well, we don't call the car "tweak" for nothing! hahaha!

Well we're back at it again with Jonny_Blacks car! This time increasing the radiator size for the water-air intercooler, and modifying his valve cover a bit :)

So, here it is back on the lift..... yet again.

I had to cut off the small radiator filler cap, and weld in a plug, as well as relocate one of the inlets... at the same time, i also had to fabricate/machine a new nipple, because the ones that came with it suck. :p

Ok, then it was time to install it and build the new brackets...

Old versus new radiator:

Ok, now its on to the valve cover... JB was tired of the old OEM cover, so i took one, and did several modifications to it... lets see if everyone can pick them out. Also, it got a new paintjob as well :)

Money Shot:

Thanks for stopping by again Jonny! :)

See less See more
#8 ·
Hahahah! THERE ya go Matt... ;)

The cover is only half-done, but the oil filler is being relocated elsewhere. There is stil lsome cleanup to do on top of the cover, and i'm going to do more machining on the top of it than is already there. You can barely see it, but there is machining done on the front and rear corners of the cover as well. With the oil cap, you'll see in some of the pics how the paint has a slight different shade over that portion.... gotta clean it up more. But yea, thats the missing mod :) The filler will end up being under the plug cover if you MUST know.. :lol:

[edit]Oh, and whats the point of the oil cap relocation? Well..... Cause i've never seen it done, it is a MUCH cleaner look, and because it offers no performance advantage at all, so it pokes at the 'function over form' guys a bit! haha! :twisted:

#15 ·
You guys should see this in person too. John when he start to get creative is really fun to be around. I was actually pretty sick and was falling asleep half the time I was there, thats why in the pic of me I am faded a little...when I get sick its harder to see me. :shock:

But ya...totally fun day really...another thing was we kept cutting ourselves and only finding out a few minutes later going../scratches head hmm I wonder how I got that?. It was wierd we only started out the day to do the heat exchanger and I mention just THINKING about repainting the valve cover for the meet. John eyes start getting really wide...then he says ok rip that thing off...I got an idea...and I aint gonna tell you what it is...bwhaha :twisted: (he does really laugh like that to.)

Had fun john..thanks buddy :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.