Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well its not "new", but it is changed up a bit....

If you'll recall, the last time we did anything to his car, it was to finish off his new turbo setup, which included the new manifold, water-to-air intercooler, and new exhaust downpipe/charge piping... Fun stuff :)

Well, the manifold on his car had a bit thin of a flange on it, because it had warped a long time ago, and been re-surfaced. So, i cut the original flange off, and i rewelded on a brand new one on. Thanks to Sam at BMC for the kickass CNC'd flange :)

Also, we decided to go ahead and have it coated thanks to a local shop up the road... It looks PUUUUUUUURTY :p

Jonny_Black is also replacing the clutch on his car, and i'm installing a zero-play joint in his shifter... so more pics to come tomorrow (including installed pics) 8)

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what is "CNC'd?"
CNC stands for Computer Numerically Controlled. It's a technology using computers to control cutting machines such as milling machines and lathes to cut specified three-dimensional shapes. CNC has been used since the early 70s. Prior to this, machines were controlled by prepared tapes and the process was called simply Numerical Control (NC).

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, i have the pics, but lack the time, and right now my camera is not with me :( I'll have them posted tomorrow though... the manifold looks GREAT in the engine bay 8)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yes it does. This car is so much nicer now with the new improvements. I actually got 2 car lenghts on a c5 vette tonight...he was actually racing a ninja a small one I guess cause it couldnt hang, then I had to turn off..he kept tryin to race me again but I had to pull off..I bet he wasnt at all happy that I just did that to his 45k vette...ahahha suker..... But to his credit...he did well for a stock vette...and Tweak is far from stock. :wink:

·
Registered
257 Posts
yup....it took a lenghty negotation filled with bribes and sweet talk to get honda to tell us...but after we found out, hehe

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, here's the 'after' pics :)

Also, while we were there, Jon wanted one of my Zero-Play joints installed... soooo, now he has MUHC better shifting :p

Cost? A lot, but thats all relative to how much your shifting is worth to you.. :lol:

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jfrolang said:
How much, really, would it cost for 'muhc' better shifting? You're always afraid to post prices, like the shock would kill old ladies. :p
Well, this isn't a commercial post, so posting prices would be inappropriate :p hehe... And in this case, yea, the shock just might get them ladies... LoL!

·
Registered
257 Posts
The shift linkage joint that Honda should have installed. :rolleyes1:

But its all good now. :wink:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.